Who uses those night time treatment powders?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I blended myself up a night treatment powder ( I have oily skin) . In a nutshell I loved it! I used it 3 days in a row. Applied it before bed and then in the morning I used it as a sanwich between my MMU.

The first morning after using it I noticed a difference in the smoothness of my face so I kept using it.

Well here is my question..... last night I was up late, and just washed my face before bed and forgot to apply it. Today my face isn't as smooth! So to those of you that use these, is this normal when you stop? Do you notice a difference if you forget to use for a night or 2 ? I actually hate products like this but in a way it's the nature of minerals! Back in December I stopped using my MMU because I was testing my traditional products and MAN did it wreak havoc on my skin:scared: MMU DOES make a difference ladies.

Anyhoo I just wanted to hear what you guys thought? Maybe I'll have to put a sticky reminding myself to put it on! ( as i sit here with it on right now).

Ok thanks! I'm just trying to figure it all out, in one aspect hey it's good for me if it helps my skin but I HATE products that work, but at the same time make you totally dependent on them KWIM?

I use Larenim's Dusk till Dawn. I am really glad I have it on hand. I don't use it daily or even weekly per se (too drying for my combo skin) but when my skin starts to get irritated or just not too happy, I moisturize, let it absorb then apply the powder and go to bed. It always clears me right up, softens and smoothes. I have pretty good skin anyways, *knock wood* but I think it helps when I need a little refreshing. I used it 3 nights in a row when I first got it and even though I could tell it was helping to soften & smooth my skin, it was getting too dry so now i just use it as needed.

This is a really good idea, maybe I'll just tuck it away for those days when my skin is really acting up instead of a daily thing.

i have rareminerals, but i haven't really noticed an improvement with my skin either. i mainly use it so i don't look like a blotchy freak before i go to bed, if others are around!

I have used RareMinerals and agree, it didn't do much, I also had a small sample of the Larenim night treatment and also didn't notice an effect. However, I mixed my own nighttime treatment using mainly silk and pearl powder and love that - I wouldn't say it has dramatically improved my skin but it does seem to help. I don't use it every night though - sometimes I feel I also need to let my skin be and breathe (although I know minerals do allow skin to breathe - I just feel like I shouldn't always have it covered with something....) I do agree that there's a noticeable difference in my skin those days I don't use anything at night. What I've also done is rather than cover my whole face i've just used it on areas that seemed to need it most (where I have the most redness and acne/acne scars) - kind of like a spot concealer with the additional benefit of the healing properties :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had a sample of Larenim's dusk till dawn and didn't think much of it...then not that long ago I had a break out and tried it just for kicks - and it worked wonders. In fact I just ordered a full size. But if Candace is going to start offering a product I'd definately try it! My skin is dry, but I break out monthly.

BTW - Candace, I love the foundation so far! Very natural looking and great coverage. The "Ina" was a perfect match. :five:

You know I think that could be it! Just pull it out when you need it as opposed to slapping it on everynight! I'm glad Ina worked out for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm glad to hear this product is working for you!

Hi Candace! I made Nighttime treatment too based on Rare minerals ingredients. I liked rare minerals a lot but when I made mine I decided to play with the formula a little bit to like Emeril says Amp it up some. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

YAY! do you like how yours is working? I made a simple one of zinc,allantoin,kaolin clay for mine. What king of goodies did you use? Don't you just love doing it yourself? You can just custom make it for exactly what YOUR skin needs! Though I am going to do like a few of the ladies on the board are doing and not use it on a daily basis.

Oooo Candace I'm not going to lie. I don't do anything myself too much (at all) and I don't really do hobbies but now at least I can say that I have one for now anyway. I don't like messes so I think the soap will be something I'll really stick with because the cleanup is really easy.

But now for the night time treatment. It was a mess making but I have a lot of it now.

I used:

Fullers Clay, Green tea powder, , Aloe powder, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, , Honey powder, Organic mineral powder concentrate, Pearl powder, Pomegranite fruit powder, and Green Clay

I ground it until I had to let the grinder cool down. Then came back and ground some more. So then I added a little bit of Zinc Oxide to make all of it adhere.

I have no idea yet how it's working or will work but I'll let you know either way. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lol girl you went wild with the fruit 'n' nut powders didn't you? lol ( I added in the nuts!) it's sounds awesome! Lets us know how it works! You may want to market it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just did BE's ingredients list. Market it wouldn't work cause I'd have a big mess at home and I'd have to clean it up cause if I didn't my husband would be looking at me to clean it up and then......nevermind :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back