Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

Meat and acne

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tesia

Tesia

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:58 AM

Recently my acne has been getting worse. I ve been getting pimples in parts of my face where I dont usually get them like my chin. Even my friends and family are starting to notice it. I never really had this problem because I have dry skin. I am trying to figure out why I am breaking out. A month ago I decide to be vegatrian. I know turkey helps you get clear skin. Is there any other correlation with meat and pimples?

#2 anjanasadil

anjanasadil

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:19 AM

actually, i've heard from many sources that BEEF and any red meat is bad for your skin. as far as turkey and chicken go, i have no idea. Fish on the other hand is also good. i heard that the omega 3 fats and amino acids in fish are good for your skin overall. sorry i'm not more help!

#3 Tesia

Tesia

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:21 AM

Thanks! I know I have omega 3 fats vitamins in my house somewhere. I think i am going to start taking them.

#4 yourleoqueen

yourleoqueen

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:42 AM

Are you using the phone more than usual lately? If so, that may be the cause of your chin breakouts. Try wiping down your phone with an anti-bacterial wipe. HTH

#5 Tesia

Tesia

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:49 AM

I actually use the phone less now becuase I text ppl more. But I never thought about bacteria. I am going to try to touch my face less though.

#6 _withoutYou

_withoutYou

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:50 AM

meat takes longer to digest. meat has hormones. might result in acne.
Tell me you're crazy, maybe then I'll understand.

#7 Kathy

Kathy

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:23 AM

Maybe it's a purging thing with your skin. Know what I mean? Now that you're no longer eating meat, your skin is purging chemicals/hormones and it's causing break outs? I'm just speculating, sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.

#8 Tesia

Tesia

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:07 AM

Yeah, thats what i thought I think I know what you mean. It does kinda make sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users