Meat and acne

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently my acne has been getting worse. I ve been getting pimples in parts of my face where I dont usually get them like my chin. Even my friends and family are starting to notice it. I never really had this problem because I have dry skin. I am trying to figure out why I am breaking out. A month ago I decide to be vegatrian. I know turkey helps you get clear skin. Is there any other correlation with meat and pimples?

actually, i've heard from many sources that BEEF and any red meat is bad for your skin. as far as turkey and chicken go, i have no idea. Fish on the other hand is also good. i heard that the omega 3 fats and amino acids in fish are good for your skin overall. sorry i'm not more help!

Thanks! I know I have omega 3 fats vitamins in my house somewhere. I think i am going to start taking them.

Are you using the phone more than usual lately? If so, that may be the cause of your chin breakouts. Try wiping down your phone with an anti-bacterial wipe. HTH

I actually use the phone less now becuase I text ppl more. But I never thought about bacteria. I am going to try to touch my face less though.

Maybe it's a purging thing with your skin. Know what I mean? Now that you're no longer eating meat, your skin is purging chemicals/hormones and it's causing break outs? I'm just speculating, sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.

Yeah, thats what i thought

I think I know what you mean. It does kinda make sense.

Back