Whitening products???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
do whitening products really works??? i have never used any,i am 22 with brown complexion and now i m considering to use some, plz input ur opinion about wat u use, which brand works better for u, and some basic care to prevent skin getting more darker and darker:scared:by search i mostly come across with brands like skII, shisedio,dior,loreal,olay,ponds,fair&lovely and endless,so i am very confuse wat to try and wat to buy

Some whitening products require a prescription and others are over the counter.

Regardless, I would talk to a pharmacist to find out the active ingredient(s),

and ask what strength is required to be effective.

Cosmetic companies will tell you what you want to hear, but may not be effective, especially for the cost.

Nooo, don't whiten :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

Why do people want to change their skin color so badly?

Anyway, if you're like me and have hyperpigmentation problems, I'd suggest tri-luma which actually works quickly on scars that I would have for months without using it. You have to get to a dermatologist to prescribe it, though.

I have never used whitening products. If you are concerned about uneven skin tone, try using a vitamin c based line and it should help with that. hth...

its not sad. its understandable. i would check with a dermatologist. def go and see a doctor before you start putting stuff on your face.

to get lighter first stop making your self darker. Put sunscreen on every single day. Believe me it will help. I tried it before. Of course this won't help if you want to lighten acne scars, but it will work on dark spots like sun spots.

I've never tried whitening products. But if u decide to do so, just make sure and fully research and understand what are the risks involved.

thank you! someone agrees with me!

its mainly all the whole phsyche of western culture on that being lighter is better.

took me years to get out of that whole mind-set.

I don't think it's bad unless she has that Michael Jackson complex.

I would use it to even out skin tones.

thanks to help me out and 1st to make me feel like i no need to change my color, but my main problem is.....as many of u wrote uneven skin tone, but not on face.......it something different with me.......i have lighter face front chest[breast,upper belly],thigh,and legs......but my full back starting from neck till mu butts and my elbows and hands after the elbow are darker,and its make me feel so sad, i cant wear sleeveless,halter or string top,bikini, or anything else in wat my darker parts are open, so i am more concern about making these area lighter........unfortunately i am allergic to sunscreen,wen i wear them dramatically my skin becomes darker in few seconds and after washing off the sunscreen its seems reddish for while, and takes more then 2-3 days to come back to normal color

It sounds as if you need to see a dermatologist or endocrinologist. What you have sounds very similar to what is known as "Preganancy Mask". It is hormonal. I developed this while pregnant.

It's okay, I have melasma (thats what it's called) also. I have never been pregnant, but it is hormonal. I have darkening on my face and back too. I went to my dermatologist and he gave me tri-luma. I don't know what yours will give you but tri-luma is made for melasma. after using it nightly for a few weeks, most dark spots lighten or disappear. I have plenty left because a little goes a long way, and I use it on pimple scars occaisonally. hth

thanks for making me feel relax, but i dont have any pigmentation or spots, its all even darker on back and even lighter on front side of my body

sometimes melasma appears as dark areas instead of spots. it's best to consult a dermatologist.

Back