Best non smudging/running eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've been searching for the perfect eyeliner for months. i would love to find one i could use on my lower lid without it smudging within the hour. can any of you help me out?

much thanks

I use liquid liners, but I always prime the area around my eyes first w/ Urban decay Primer Potion or just my all-over mineral powder. After the liner has dried, I go over it very lighly with a translucent setting powder.

This seems to do the job and has enough staying power, so that I can use whatever liner has the most appeal for me at the moment.

well if you wear a good brand those tend to smear a little only cuz they have good pigmentation (do eyeliners have pigmentation? LOL) so try using one you have to burn with a lighter so you know it wont be running anytime soon.

I use L'Oreal's Perfect Pencil Automatic Eyeliners and I love them. I don't have any problems with them smudging/running (unless I a) want it to, B) I really rub my eyes or c) start sobbing - not little sniffle tears, but full-blown crying). They may be worth looking into for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MAC fluidlines for gel liners, MAC liquidlast for liquid eyeliners, and MAC powerpoint for pencil eyeliners. Its all I have and all I ever will use.

Right now I'm in love with Make Up For Ever's Waterproof Eyeliner in Pearly Brown. It's a great liner that doesn't budge at all on me, and that's saying a lot because I have super oily skin and most all eyeliners I've ever used have run or smudged on me.

Merle Norman's eyeliner pencils are really good too. I also use BE's Weather Everything drops with their powder liner and it doesn't move either. Good stuff.

Another vote for MAC Fluidline... I just bought blacktrack last week, as I'm new to gel eyeliners but I love it.

I tried MAC fluidline on my hand the other day in the store. It wouldn't budge a millimeter once it had dried, no matter how much I rubbed it. So I'd go with that.

MAC's powerpoint pencils don't budge.

I've also used maybelline's liquid waterproof liner with great results.

I now use MAC fluidline, which usually stays put, sometimes I have to touch up the bottom line half way through the day, but it's cuz I'm so oily.

I guess I'm the minority.... every liner in the world I have ever used on the inner rim, fades or smudges. That includes fluid lines, powerpoints and waterproof liners. The longest lasting in my opinion has been the 24/7 liners by Urban Decay. As for liquid liners (not used in the waterline) I DO think the best is liquidlast by MAC.

Oh, another one I tried is Stila's gel eyeliner -- I think they're called "smudge pots". That was really good too. My only problem was that it got really dry before I could use it up so I felt like I wasted too much of it.

With all these raves about Mac liners, I'm going to have to go get some of those to try! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

fluidline - some of the girls on here recommended me 'cos i had the same problem as you. It's definitely my HG eyeliner now, though it can be a nightmare to remove at times...but i suppose that's proof of its staying power lol

For me MAC Fluidlines does not stay put. I told the mac girl n she didn't believe me. If I put it on my top lids by the end of the night its all over my bottom lids!!! I love the look of fluidlines but not that gross smudgy look i get after wearing it for more than 6 hrs and I do use primer on my lids - urban decay.

I like Revlon's Colorstay pencil liner. I use it on my upper waterline and it stays put. It's a b***h to get off, lol

Back