Highlighting and Contouring Diagram

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm a little ashamed to admit that I watch Martha with my mom in the mornings. Today she had her make-up artist Eva Scrivo with highlighting tips to make your face appear thinner. Well I knew I needed to pay attention because I love to play with eye shadow and color but I'm a little dumbstruck when it comes to accentuating bone structure. I'm posting the chart she provided here for those of us who might want to give it a go.

Hugs,

Me

Im reposting the video link here in the first post because I think it might be geting lost in the comments.

Martha Stewart - Skinny Makeup Tips

scrivotips.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I never thought of highlighting near my mouth.

i've never seen martha. maybe i should start huh?

anywho! i never highlight or contour. and i need to. i'm going to save this and study it =] thank you.

I'm so glad that you're enjoying it. Ive learned so much on this forum, I wanted to give a little back. I took the diagram in photoshop and colored it. This way I can apply without having to read. I've never really contoured before either.:smile:

coloredconteur2.jpg

thanks that's very helpful, i've never thought of highlighting around my mouth either.

Thanks so much for posting this! I need all the help I can get in the highlighting/contouring department!

Great work. The mouth thing- my oiliness takes care of that! So heads up if you have oily skin, it'll look nasty with highlighter on it. Same goes with forehead and chin

Im curious to know if any of you are going to try the lighter foundation for highlighting. I always wondered hoe celebs got the highlighted look with looking all shimmery.

thanks for the post.

you can also use cream concealer to highlight.

not too sure about the contour on the forehead.

Mally Beauty Shimmer, Shape & Glow Face Defining System can do the trick (three pans in one kit). This is what Mally uses on Beyonce, J Lo, Mariah Carey & Angelina Jolie.

I was going to try highlighting with my BE Bisque (I usually use it under my eyes) and for contouring BE warmth and then apply foundation over it. I hope this works ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Since I've switched to MAC, I haven't had much chance to use my BE stuff. If they turn out, i'll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks ladies for all the luv I really appreciate it!

I just found the video that goes with the chart... Martha Stewart - Skinny Makeup Tips

Hugs,

me

Back