Anti-Aging Secret? LED Light Therapy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know if it works or not, but someone asked for information and this is what I found. There seem to be lots of companies selling these gadgets. If you've used one, please post and tell us about it!!

hollywoodbeautysecrets.com

What can Light Therapy do for me?

• LED therapy is safe for all skin types and ages without any healing or recovery time.
  • LED therapy using LED bulbs and infrared lights is quick, painless, and effective.
  • Is known to help stimulate collagen production over 200% within 24 hours of use.
  • An affordable and non-invasive method of preventing & reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
  • Rosacea skin flushing calms within a few treatments
  • Help minimize scarring and speed up post surgical healing with LED Light Therapy.
  • Help scrapes, cuts, wounds and burns heal faster and better.
  • Skin texture improves, age spots can fade and pores can become more refined
  • Help stimulate hair regeneration on thinning scalps.
  • Non-invasive, no side effects or down time.
NOTE: Do not use if pregnant or using photosensitive medications like Tetracycline. If you are unsure about your medications, consult your physician first.
The Power of Light Therapy

For those of us who are not convinced that light can have a physical effect on our bodies, think of a sun tan. With the correct wavelength of light, melanin is generated in our skin to produce a tan. Without sunlight, our bodies can't produce Vitamin D. Without a minimal amount of sunlight, many people suffer from SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder, a depression cured by exposure to light. Premature babies with a jaundice condition are treated with light until their livers are mature enough to take over. So you see, different types of light energy affects us every day in many ways.

Research shows that specific wavelengths (colors) stimulate specific responses in the body. Red wavelengths and certain infrared (not visible) wavelengths will increase cellular activity at the dermal level. As we age, there is a drop in cellular activity and energy levels. With the delivery of the correct wavelengths of LED light, these dermal cells receive a rejuvenating, anti-aging boost from the light energy. Light stimulation also increases blood flow, helping bring nutrients and cellular growth factors to the treated areas. Red and infrared light stimulate fibroblast and collagen production to strengthen sagging, wrinkled skin. The lymph vessels open and drain more efficiently to remove toxic waste and promote a healthier looking skin. The skin heals quicker, and with less post surgical or post trauma scarring. LED therapy is safe for all skin types and ages. There is no down time or recovery time. LED Light Therapy has been used by NASA, the US Army and athletes for quick healing. And it is quickly becoming known as one of the most effective and non-invasive ways to help rejuvenate and repair the skin.

I know that this is the principal behind Gentle Waves treatments. My older sis gave me a series of microdermabrasion & Gentle Waves treatments as a gift last year and I lovedddddddd the results!

i had this light thing done at a beauticins office. the light was so bright that even if i wore goggles to block it out, it hurt and was uncomfortable. cant remember the name of it. really good for my skin though. id do it again!

Cool! Thanks for posting! Maybe I'll have to see if I can find a spa around that does the treatments.

My mom has the anti aging light and thinks that she's seen improvements in the clarity of her complexion. She doesn't have any lines or anything and no sagging so I'm not sure what she would be looking for. She kind of stopped using it every day and hasn't used it in months but loved it and said she'd recommend it.

I have heard of light therapy for SAD, this probably sounds like a dumb question but do you think that LED has some kind of UV/UVA light?? That would defeat the purpose don't you think? Ha ha I am confused...

I read the info from the link and I couldn't find any info on where it talks about bulb wattage and things like that...I will have to do more research on it, thanks for the post!

Back