-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Best MAC concealer

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 15 OFFLINE   `ColourMePretty

`ColourMePretty

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Joined 01-February 07
Reviews

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:53 PM

I desperately need a really good concealer, only looking at MAC for the moment though. I'm not sure if the range is different in the US, or in MAC stores in the UK, but at my local counter I can get: Studio Touch up stick select cover up select moisturecover studio finish spf 35 studio stick concealer. I've read all the descriptions, etc. on the site, but I'm still pretty clueless as to which one would be best for me. I have dark circle under my eyes...they're not really visible but upclose they look kinda dark, as if my liner/mascara has smudged a little. And i have large-ish freckles which make them appear a little worse. Would I need one the same colour as my foundation or does a lighter/darker shade work best? Also, i heard that salmon concealers are better for neutralising the darkness (it was posted on here a few weeks back but i don't think we ever found a good salmon-coloured one!) Sorry for all the questions, but I haven't had much luck with concealers! THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP! :D
Swap Notepad Updated: 4th April // MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/112961591 Feel Free to Add Me [=

#Post 2 of 15 OFFLINE   Jennifer

Jennifer

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts
  • Joined 07-March 05
Reviews

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:26 PM

i liked moisturecover the most for my dark circles, but that's when i mixed it with a heavy-duty concealer. the most coverage, in my opinion, is studio finish. i've never used it on my dark circles, though.

#Post 3 of 15 OFFLINE   tinktink22

tinktink22

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Joined 16-March 07
Reviews

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:51 AM

i use the one in the eyeshadow pot lol. i dont know the name but if i need max coverage i put it on by itself. if i dont need as much coverage i put a drop of moisturizer in it ans swirl with my bruch and i can usually cover everything with just that one drop.

#Post 4 of 15 OFFLINE   devilxann

devilxann

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 14-April 07
Reviews

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:30 AM

MAc is a very good make up they have nice color!!

#Post 5 of 15 OFFLINE   StrangerNMist

StrangerNMist

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06
Reviews

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:59 AM

MAC Studiofinish. It's a great concealer and it covers very well. The only thing that really irks me is how quickly it creases, so as soon as you get it on your skin you have to set it immediately or you'll have lines that you never knew you had before! I would have to say that moisturecover is superior in some respects in blending and non-creasing.
, which includes a live chat!

#Post 6 of 15 OFFLINE   SierraWren

SierraWren

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts
  • Joined 29-July 05
Reviews

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:59 PM

I was told by a MAC S.A. that Studio Finish SPF 35 had the most coverage, and I've really liked it for covering dark circles. It is a little drying though so I always use an undereye moisturizer under it first (I like Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream; it seems to help to set the concealer.)Select Moisture Cover,which is less drying, just didn't provide enough coverage for me, but if your circles are fairly light, you may not need the concealer with the most coverage.

#Post 7 of 15 OFFLINE   lovelygal

lovelygal

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 09-April 07
Reviews

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

I have the studio stick. I like it , I just apply a little bit with concealer brush..

#Post 8 of 15 OFFLINE   SherryAnn

SherryAnn

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Joined 11-January 07
Reviews

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

I like the select moisturecover...it works really great for me.

#Post 9 of 15 OFFLINE   SoonerOrLater

SoonerOrLater

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 13-March 07
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:00 AM

If you have dry skin, be careful with the MAC concealer in the pot. It is very sticky and thick and hard to spread. Most MAC MA will admit they have to mix it with eye cream or moisturizer to get it to spread easily. I currently use only Bobbi Brown corrector under foundation. I have pink undertones and can't use her concealer which is yellow-based. I am going to try the MAC concealer in the tube next or the pot with a mix with moisturizer. You can't go wrong with all the shades that MAC has!

#Post 10 of 15 OFFLINE   breathless

breathless

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

i hope you find something that suits you.

#Post 11 of 15 OFFLINE   `ColourMePretty

`ColourMePretty

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Joined 01-February 07
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:04 AM

Hey, thanks for all the rec's, etc. :D I finally got select moisture cover yesterday...the MA used all of them under my eyes to see which one was best, and this one does the job perfect. Only thing is, I accidentally told her my foundation was NW25 when it's actually NW15, so now I've got an NW25 concealer that's a little too dark for me! :eusa_wall: :2: I think they may let me return it, it hasn't been used yet...if not, I'll just use a bit less each time 'cos it only really looks bad when I put a fair bit on
Swap Notepad Updated: 4th April // MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/112961591 Feel Free to Add Me [=

#Post 12 of 15 OFFLINE   CubNan

CubNan

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Joined 15-September 06
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:10 AM

You should be able to return it if unused.

#Post 13 of 15 OFFLINE   sugarquayn

sugarquayn

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 25-August 05
Reviews

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:41 AM

I use the studio stick, and it covers my circles pretty well. I just use a concealer brush. Hope you find something you like.
30-year-old; combo/sensitive medium brown skin with golden undertones; short, extremely coiled natural hair (4a/4b)

http: www.myspace.com/sugarburnz

#Post 14 of 15 OFFLINE   Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
Reviews

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:09 AM

Studio Touch up stick select cover up studio stick concealer i like all three of them, but it just depends on what im covering up. i use studio touch up stick for days when im really lazy and use it on like zits and stuff, and for travel (i use it under my eyes, as a es base etc)... i use the select cover up for covering up reddness and brown spots and i use studio stick concealer for heavy duty zit cover-up.

#Post 15 of 15 OFFLINE   han

han

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06
Reviews

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:02 PM

i like and use moisture cover