-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

My final (?) blonde results. Hubby hates it :o( Pics

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 41 OFFLINE   momof2gr8kids

momof2gr8kids

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 29-June 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

So, as most of you already know, I had chosen to go blonde gradually from my natural dark brown to medium brown hair. I have been getting more and brighter highlights at each root touch up session over the last several months. This weekend, I had an appt and my stylist decided to bring up my roots by using a high lift. Then, she did all-over highlights and lowlights. I believe the highlights are neutral and lows are ash (level 8 if I remember right).
My hair is a LOT lighter! Although I am still getting used to it and working on my makeup, I love it. I walked out of the salon feeling great. I have the owner of the salon do my cut, and he is great at making a big deal about the 'reveal', and everyone in the salon was watching anyway...the girl next to me said she wanted my hair. I left feeling like a million bucks (less the couple hundred it cost to get it done! lol!)
My husband hates it. When I came home from my appointment, he said "What did you do? Did you get it lightened again?! It's too light...it makes you look all red...you are ruining your hair...it looks dry! It's not even blonde, I don't know what you call that color, but you look like an old lady who is trying to make herself a blonde, and it looks awful with your skin tone." I felt like crap, and now of course started second-guessing my decision. I'm glad to be back to work so I can get some other opinions on it....be honest...what do you think?
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#Post 2 of 41 OFFLINE   michal_cohen

michal_cohen

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,729 posts
  • Joined 26-February 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

i likes it it look so great with your blue eyes
'it could be worse so just smile"

#Post 3 of 41 OFFLINE   KatJ

KatJ

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • Joined 30-December 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

I like it, I think its pretty!

#Post 4 of 41 OFFLINE   Ashley

Ashley

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Joined 13-February 07

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

I think it looks great. Your husband just needs time to get used to it. :)

#Post 5 of 41 OFFLINE   glamadelic

glamadelic

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Joined 09-April 07

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:40 PM

Its pretty!!

#Post 6 of 41 OFFLINE   Princess6828

Princess6828

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts
  • Joined 27-July 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:08 PM

I like it.
Proud mommy and makeup addict!

#Post 7 of 41 OFFLINE   Khalia25

Khalia25

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Joined 13-February 07

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

I agree with everyone! It looks fabulous!!!:top:

#Post 8 of 41 OFFLINE   jdepp_84

jdepp_84

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts
  • Joined 15-April 05

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

Ditto!
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up."

#Post 9 of 41 OFFLINE   Nox

Nox

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts
  • Joined 10-March 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:11 PM

I think his eye may be confused a bit, not knowing how to appreciate the new color(s). You have both warm and cool blonde hues in your hair, and he may not be used to seeing that kind of chic coloring style. Men are much simpler creatures anyway, so it is not surprising he didn't take to it right away (my husband also resists a "too fancy" change.) But I think it looks great, and you look very stylish and *a la mode* with it! Give it some time, the color is still fresh and bright. It may actually settle down a bit into it's final appearance, and then by that time, your hubby may have gotten used to it and may even come to like.

#Post 10 of 41 OFFLINE   Mina

Mina

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Joined 20-December 04

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

WOW Your looking pretty....

#Post 11 of 41 OFFLINE   KaThEa

KaThEa

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Joined 15-March 07

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

I think it looks really great! :)

#Post 12 of 41 OFFLINE   chocobon

chocobon

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts
  • Joined 15-March 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:40 PM

I agree it looks great!
We're just a couple of no name slobs. We belong to nobody and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other.
Breakfast at Tiffany's

#Post 13 of 41 OFFLINE   MissMudPie

MissMudPie

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Joined 19-August 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:00 PM

It's really pretty! I think most men are pretty adversed to change when it comes to their wife's hair. He'll get used to it. :)

#Post 14 of 41 OFFLINE   momof2gr8kids

momof2gr8kids

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 29-June 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

Thanks everyone...He's going on about it still as I sit here and type this..about how it looks green, ages me, he's mentioned people making weird changes like Michael Jackson, etc. He says people like me with freckles don't have this hair color and it ages me....sigh...I just want to cry........

#Post 15 of 41 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

I think it looks great!
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 16 of 41 OFFLINE   -Liz-

-Liz-

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts
  • Joined 27-April 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

i think it looks great similar to mine dont cry! you look awsome and you have to like it, it will grow on him and will start to look more natural when you wash it a few times. i went from black to this directly, as you can imagine i was horrified and cried my brains out. but it grows on you, you learn to do your makeup differently and stuff too u look hot ok? smile it will make the hair look even better!!!

#Post 17 of 41 OFFLINE   han

han

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

i think it looks great the way it is now but i wouldnt go no lighter if i were you, if you go any lighter it will wash you out i have notice some woman that are older that make two mistakes with color they either go to dark to cover gray or to light and it does make them age. thats just my opinion

#Post 18 of 41 OFFLINE   sweetnsexy6953

sweetnsexy6953

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts
  • Joined 18-January 07

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

I think it looks great on you. Your hubby just dont know what hes talking about.

#Post 19 of 41 OFFLINE   MariVee

MariVee

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 21-April 07

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:39 PM

I think it looks fine! New hair just takes some getting used to. Now if you're feeling not so great about it, maybe add a darker color to the ashy tones (which is probably what you're husband is talking about). But you really do look fine. :)

#Post 20 of 41 OFFLINE   girl_geek

girl_geek

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts
  • Joined 10-February 04

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

Maybe it is something about the picture you posted, but I do think the lowlights look very reddish even though you say they are ash! (When I posted in your other thread about what mu to wear with blonde, I hadn't actually read this thread and assumed that you did have red lowlights.) Perhaps your husband just didn't like the drastic change, or perhaps he doesn't like all the different colors in your hair. At least on my monitor, it looks like you have red lowlights with very light, cool blonde highlights, and a few in-between blond colors as well. There's a lot of contrast (both in light vs. dark and warm vs. cool) between your highlights and lowlights, and he may not like that look since it's not very natural. I think that with your blue eyes and pale skin, blonde hair looks fine on you! I personally would make those highlights a little darker and/or warmer if it were me, but I don't think your hair looks bad as it is! However, I would be interested in seeing a picture before you had your hair colored, just to see what your husband is comparing your new look to!
Acne info and NEW mu pictures in my notepad! Updated 11/19/06!Avatar created with Yahoo Avatars26 Yrs Old ~ Very Fair, Oily Skin ~ Warm Undertones ~ Blue Eyes ~ Dark Blonde Hair