My final (?) blonde results. Hubby hates it :o( Pics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, as most of you already know, I had chosen to go blonde gradually from my natural dark brown to medium brown hair. I have been getting more and brighter highlights at each root touch up session over the last several months. This weekend, I had an appt and my stylist decided to bring up my roots by using a high lift. Then, she did all-over highlights and lowlights. I believe the highlights are neutral and lows are ash (level 8 if I remember right).

My hair is a LOT lighter! Although I am still getting used to it and working on my makeup, I love it. I walked out of the salon feeling great. I have the owner of the salon do my cut, and he is great at making a big deal about the 'reveal', and everyone in the salon was watching anyway...the girl next to me said she wanted my hair. I left feeling like a million bucks (less the couple hundred it cost to get it done! lol!)

My husband hates it. When I came home from my appointment, he said "What did you do? Did you get it lightened again?! It's too light...it makes you look all red...you are ruining your hair...it looks dry! It's not even blonde, I don't know what you call that color, but you look like an old lady who is trying to make herself a blonde, and it looks awful with your skin tone." I felt like crap, and now of course started second-guessing my decision. I'm glad to be back to work so I can get some other opinions on it....be honest...what do you think?

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

I think his eye may be confused a bit, not knowing how to appreciate the new color(s). You have both warm and cool blonde hues in your hair, and he may not be used to seeing that kind of chic coloring style. Men are much simpler creatures anyway, so it is not surprising he didn't take to it right away (my husband also resists a "too fancy" change.)

But I think it looks great, and you look very stylish and *a la mode* with it! Give it some time, the color is still fresh and bright. It may actually settle down a bit into it's final appearance, and then by that time, your hubby may have gotten used to it and may even come to like.

It's really pretty! I think most men are pretty adversed to change when it comes to their wife's hair. He'll get used to it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks everyone...He's going on about it still as I sit here and type this..about how it looks green, ages me, he's mentioned people making weird changes like Michael Jackson, etc. He says people like me with freckles don't have this hair color and it ages me....sigh...I just want to cry........

i think it looks great similar to mine

dont cry! you look awsome and you have to like it, it will grow on him and will start to look more natural when you wash it a few times. i went from black to this directly, as you can imagine i was horrified and cried my brains out. but it grows on you, you learn to do your makeup differently and stuff too

u look hot ok? smile it will make the hair look even better!!!

i think it looks great the way it is now but i wouldnt go no lighter if i were you, if you go any lighter it will wash you out i have notice some woman that are older that make two mistakes with color they either go to dark to cover gray or to light and it does make them age. thats just my opinion

I think it looks fine! New hair just takes some getting used to. Now if you're feeling not so great about it, maybe add a darker color to the ashy tones (which is probably what you're husband is talking about). But you really do look fine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe it is something about the picture you posted, but I do think the lowlights look very reddish even though you say they are ash! (When I posted in your other thread about what mu to wear with blonde, I hadn't actually read this thread and assumed that you did have red lowlights.)

Perhaps your husband just didn't like the drastic change, or perhaps he doesn't like all the different colors in your hair. At least on my monitor, it looks like you have red lowlights with very light, cool blonde highlights, and a few in-between blond colors as well. There's a lot of contrast (both in light vs. dark and warm vs. cool) between your highlights and lowlights, and he may not like that look since it's not very natural.

I think that with your blue eyes and pale skin, blonde hair looks fine on you! I personally would make those highlights a little darker and/or warmer if it were me, but I don't think your hair looks bad as it is! However, I would be interested in seeing a picture before you had your hair colored, just to see what your husband is comparing your new look to!

Latest posts

Back