Searching for a watery moisturizer!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay I was using BE's skin revver upper to mix my foundation in, but I'm looking for something cheaper, not too thick so I can get a nice tint into it without it getting clumpy. I have another moisturizer but I can't keep using tons for my foundation because it's sooo expensive.

So think of all those cheap moisturizers that were too watery!

Actually, because of my wanting to get away from so many gross ingredients, maybe I could use aloe? I don't want to use an oil (like emu) because I don't think it would work well. I've never mixed my own moisturizer before.

hmm.. you could try one by johnson and johnson.. there is a clean and clear one especially for oily skin that my mum uses.. it's v. thin and watery. It's in a greyish/pearlyish container with a purple lid
smile.gif

I use Olay in the summer when I don't want my foundation to be very heavy.

This is a good thread. Now that it's getting hot, I need a lighter moisturizer too.

MD Formulations has the watery-ist moisturizer ever, but it isn't cheap at all. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I might make one out of the ingredients listed in my super expensive moisturizer

If you can find it, you should try something I absolutely love and have been using for about 25 years now: Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion.

It feels just like putting water on your skin, but it is designed for severe dry skin and really works!

I think that it was Rx only back in the 1980's but I've been able to get it at my local drugstore for the past 15 years. It's made by Schering-Plough. I pay $8.50 for an 8 oz. bottle.

i wish i could get my fiance to wear a moisturizer he doesnt use anything on his face bcecause he is afraid of breaking out but his skin is so dry!

St Ives Cucumber Gel in the light green bottle is practically water, very soothing and doesn't irritate.. And cheap too!

Originally Posted by momokins /img/forum/go_quote.gif ...think of all those cheap moisturizers that were too watery!
Actually, because of my wanting to get away from so many gross ingredients, maybe I could use aloe?

Bingo! I use aloe vera when I want to "layer moisture" underneath my face cream. It would be the perfect, inexpensive answer.
Originally Posted by Sleeptime /img/forum/go_quote.gif St Ives Cucumber Gel in the light green bottle is practically water, very soothing and doesn't irritate.. And cheap too! I forgot about this one, great rec that I 2nd.
Originally Posted by hellomindy /img/forum/go_quote.gif i would go with the aloe and you don't have to worry about the brand testing on animals as a lot of the ones mentioned are St Ives (brand mentioned above) does NOT test on animals.
smile.gif

i would go with the aloe and you don't have to worry about the brand testing on animals as a lot of the ones mentioned are

Originally Posted by hellomindy /img/forum/go_quote.gif i would go with the aloe and you don't have to worry about the brand testing on animals as a lot of the ones mentioned are True, true

well the two that i automatically thought of when i read the title were be skin revver upper and the clean and clear

Um...Garnier's Fresh Moisturizing Cream ( or something like that) is very light and watery, but it doesn't do much for the skin
icon_confused.gif

Back