Oil Bumps

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My skin would be perfect if it weren't for these things. They look like clogged pores, can anyone recommend a product (that I haven't tried already) that will eliminate them? At least something that specifically works for this problem?

I have never heard of oil bumps. I wonder if that's what I have. I have some bumps on my face that never seem to go away. My face can be really clear and there will still be these bumps around my face. How do you know if it is oil bumps and what causes them? I would be interested to know how to get rid of these annoying things!!

Occasionally, areas of your face can become excessively oily due to over-active sebaceous glands, usually in the forehead and chin area. Due to this over-production of oils, small pimples can form in the area. These pimples are neither whiteheads nor cystic. Often they appear as little bumps under the skin. They don't come to a head and are nearly impossible to get rid of. I do a series of chemical peels and they help, but I have very dry skin, and the peels are obviously making it worse. I just can't win!

Did your dermatologist or an esthitician tell you it was called oil bumps or is that your own personal terminology?

My doctor (not derm) called them clogged sebacious glands, and referred to them as oil bumps.

Oh ok, great! I was going to try and google it and see what I can come up with!

Have you or anyone else ever taken a pill called Clearin? It says it helps with to unclog pores because sometimes our bodies are lacking the nutirents needed to help remove the excess debris.

Does it look like pearl white oil beads (milia ) or skin bumps ( sebaceous hyperplasia that grew bigger as you aged?

If it is either then the (removed by Mod) milia or (removed by Mod) sebaceous hyperplasia treatment will help.

My experience and suggestion.

I don't know if they're the same thing, but for the past few weeks I've had little tiny skin-colored bumps all over my forehead and the sides of my face. I don't know what's going on, but I'm not happy about it. Sometimes they even get itchy. Yuck.

ive got those too! on the side of my nose and some on my chin.. SOO annoying.. love to get rid of em somehow
frown.gif

oh my god..i have the same problem..i went to my primary doc and he wrote me differin..i've used it for 2 days and i can already see a diff

They just look like tiny clogged pores, they aren't red or inflamed or painful like a zit.

Originally Posted by Princess6828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know if they're the same thing, but for the past few weeks I've had little tiny skin-colored bumps all over my forehead and the sides of my face. I don't know what's going on, but I'm not happy about it. Sometimes they even get itchy. Yuck. That sounds exactly what I have!

Never heard of oil bumps either. I'd try going to a Dermatologist and seeing what they recommend.

Not at all, they are little bumps, just under the skin, not blackheads, not full out pimples they are clogged pores that are called oil bumps. I have actually been using extra virgin olive oil with white vinegar on a cotton ball before bed and they are shrinking. Between that, baking soda/apple cider vinegar mask scrub, I'm pretty sure they're going away. My skin looked better after just one night of the olive oil/vinegar toner.

hmmz, I have those aswell, they seem to get smaller and disappear tho, I do use some anti-bacterial cream against acne tho :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I know what you mean. I have them on my forehead and I used a prescription cream for it: Clindagel. It can be a bit drying though!

Latest posts

Back