Any "chronic returners" out there?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you return stuff that you buy often? If so, what and why? I think I am always in a rush when I shop and when I get home and have time to try something on leisurely, I realize it doesn't look good or fit right.

My dad has a friend that is a chronic returner. My dad told me his friend bought a Bunn coffee pot, used it for over 5 years and then returned it so he could get a new one free of charge. I am not sure how he did it, but he did it. He did the same thing with shoes, wallets, etc.

I don't do that. I consider it like a hassle for the employees to constantly getting returns sometimes. Yes, it's a part of their job, but if I can avoid returning things, it'll be less trouble for myself as well. I won't go shopping if I'm rushed or if the store is closing within the hour.

My friend is! Im sure she will post once she sees this. I dont understand all the returning. lol

I barely return anything. If I don't end up liking it and never use it, I'll sell it on ebay lol!

I return things because man oh man I cannot get help while I'm there so I think it is okay for me to return it if I'm not satisfied. Double that for cosmetics, I get ignored in makeup stores a lot lol I just do the best I can but it's like trial and error sometimes

I usually don't return things.

Momo, are you ignored even after asking for help?

Yeah aplsmash lol. I don't know if I come off as rude or what... For instance once I asked if a moisturizer I wanted was in stock, and I got passed along like 3 people and then the last girl wouldn't get it for me but showed me a primer...
tocktock.gif
I figured, okay I'll take her advice. but I didn't like it after all

Ive returned some things. If you buy something and you dont like it why keep it and let it collect dust when you can return it and get your money back?

i try not to. but there are days (yesterday) i get buyers remorse so i do.

let me reprhase, yesterday one was a remorse buy i retunred (found a cheaper version at the drug store, and the other one i returned cause when i got home i found out i had pretty much the same thing different brand).

I hate returning so unless it just doesnt fit right or something I try not to do too many returns. I also like to make sure and really like what I am buying so when I get home I dont have to return it either..

My dad always gets ignored momo, whenever we go in circuit city they just pretend he is not there. but they go up to me and follow me around asking if i need help when i go with him. it's so wrong i hate that store. i think they do it cause hes a middle aged guy who doesnt look like he has a lot of money and im a young female who glams herself up to go out.

Back to topic, I don't return a lot but my moms a chronic returner, everything she buys at the evil walmart goes back the next day, and she never learns.

I am the QUEEN of returns. LOL. I tend to impulse buy. I recently bought NARS Taos blush from Sephora. Once I got home, I realized it was probably a little too dark for me, but I bought it in a rush because I ran in there like 15 mintues before closing. I was going to return it, but JUST this morning, I decided to bite the bullet, open it and hope it worked on my skin. Umm...it kinda looked clown-ish, but I'm going to work with it! LOL. But I have about 4 tops I need to return to various stores. LOL
icon_redface.gif

Yeah I return things...mostly clothes. Usually it didn't go with an outfit I had in mind when I bought it. I don't do that as much anymore because stores are really keeping track of how often you return things. I heard that if you return too much, the store will give you a credit instead of a refund.

Originally Posted by Lyndebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I am always in a rush when I shop and when I get home and have time to try something on leisurely, I realize it doesn't look good or fit right. yup, that's me! plus, i order online alot.

I don't return because when I worked in retail I dealt with chronic returners. I never really buy anything that I am unsure about.

I do remeber one time I bought a LE MAC Holiday Item and ended up not liking it. I went to return it and the girl gave me the hardest time. She told me " There are people out there who really want this and now we can't sell it, we have to throw it away!" I felt bad, but I didn't like it1

I never return anything unless it's broken or flawed in some way.... Ever!!!

Karren

Sometimes when I shop with the kids I do not try stuff on them or myself and end up having to exchange it for something else.

Latest posts

Back