Pam spray as a nail product?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all,

we dont have pam in australia (at least i dont think we do!) but i came across a tip where a model used it on her nails to make polish dry super quick...

any truth to this? has anyone tried? and what the heck is pam? is it an oil based spray??

Pam is cooking oil, in a spray can, (sprays lightly) just so things wont stick, I use it when I make toast for example, to just lightly toast up the bread without it sticking or burning. This sounds like it could work... since oil is not soluble with polish Im sure, so it will kinda seal it up quickly???...hmmm, maybe a chemistry major could help? Anyone

I don't think it would work, but stranger things have happened. Pam sort of has a bit of an odor to it, IMO, so maybe it would make your nails smell a bit?

Never heard that one, and not sure I'd want to try it. On a side note though, the Pam for baking works wonders - and smells really really good (regular Pam stinks).

a friend had told me about this before but didn't believe her

now I hear about it again

might try it

Yes, it's true. . .it works.
smile.gif

I believe it... Not so much that it makes it dry faster, than it probably does about what Solar Oil or olive oil can do. It prevents the polish from smudging because you have to get through the "slickness" of the oil before you can get to the polish. EVOO worked wonders last weekend when I had wet nails a cute little child o'mine needed assistance w/ the restroom LOL!

I actually just saw a show on this the other day. I think it was Rachel Ray and it's not true. I don't see why anyone would want to put that on your hands LOL!!

pam is mostly mixed vegetable oil, with an emulsifier to allow it to mix with propellant. can get same effect(baking or nails) with a good spray bottle and some veg oil that you would use for cooking.

Latest posts

Back