Pimple under the surface

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can feel a rather large pimple under the surface and right now it just feels like a bump. I was wondering if there was anything I could put on it or do to it so it won't come to the surface and will just reduce back down in size. It is somewhat sore and pretty big.

Yeah I have some. I can't remember what its called though. Will that work with it being still down deeper?

there really is very little you can do for a 'blind' pimple except maybe try to draw it out with a drawing cream or paste. once it surfaces, try to dry it out and shrink it with some benzoyl peroxide.

you can try tea tree oil, it works great for pimples under the surface, some of mine disappeared over the night.

Be careful not to aggravate it. Don't touch it, over-cleanse it, scrub it, or scratch it. Use lots of soothing skin products, and do a lot of aerobic exercise, making sure that you build up a sweat. Also try holding a nice, cool glass or something similar up against it.

I agree with magosienne. Tea tree oil works very well, especially if you put it on right before you sleep. but don't put it under your nose because it has a very strong smell.
biggrin.gif

Neosporin Antibiotic ointment. It will go away by itself eventually. I used to get tons of these as I have hormonal imbalance. When I started using evening primrose oil capsules..the cysts underneath the surface started to subside..and now I hardly get any at all. When I do..I just dab on some ointment and wait for it to subside.

Try some tea tree oil or dilute ACV spot treatment on the pimple. ACV is effective at killing off bacteria. Keep applying daily or twice daily and try not to fuss at it with your fingers (hard I know!).

I always find the best thing to do is to just let it come to the surface and expell whatever it needs to get out....it's hard to leave it alone, I know, but you may risk getting scars if you poke and prod at it.

Definitely leave it a lone... I've had about 2-3 cystic pimples just over the last year, and though I leave them alone all together, I still end up with really tiny scars. Doesn't bother me, but they are irritating until they subside!

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is great for this. Apply at night, gone in the morning.

Get some epsom salt, pour about a quarter size in the center of a washcloth. Twist the washcloth around the epsom salt crystals, making a little sack. Run hot water over the washcloth (as hot as you can stand) hold it on the bump until it cools off, rewarm the cloth and repeat 3-4 times. This will reduce the inflammation and draw out the infection.

Get a tube of campho phenique (cold sore gel) original yellow tube formula. Put a peasize amount on the bump and cover it with a piece of cotton ball and a bandaid before bed. When you wake up, it will come to surface and you'll be able to hold peroxide on a cotton ball to dry it up. Hope this helps. Note that these remedies only cost about $6 and they work.

good luck.

yep, alot of good advice I read here,

just let it be there and let it disappear, certainly not pick it

I guess you also could use some products which kills the bacteries which are located in the acne.

I use tea tree oil after washing my face with really hot water. I put tea tree oil on a q-tip and sorta scrub gently at it so that it will go down to the acne. then I wait for the oil to dry and put on clean and clear persa-gel spot treatment with bp. hth

I still get those too... never found anything that works to stop them from appearing...

Karren

Back