Lip colors for fair skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i really like the hot pink lip colors but i dont know if they would look to harsh on my fair skin or would it look good. also i need some help finding a nude lip color for fair skin. any suggestions on drugstore cheap lipstick or gloss so i can try out colors???

I think a glossy hot pink would look good! I have fair skin, and I think it looks pretty good on me.

hot pink will look stunning if applied correctly and flawlessly. i was served by a girl at a cosmetics store in sydney, she has fair skin, dark hair plenty of mascara and hot pink glossy lips, it was GREAT!

other colours you can try are a nice classic red (try ruby woo or russian red by mac) or a medium caramel gloss (like mac's glossette)

otherwise a flesh-pink like macs viva glam v suits most skin tones.

It isn't simply a matter of hot pink lips suiting pale skin or not, its a matter of finding the right shade for your skin, and the look you're after, specifically. I find that drugstore brands do nothing for me, and for lasting, luminous colour, and quality of colour and texture, I have to go beyond drugstore brands, but I'm sure you can hunt down a flattering shade if you do a good, thorough search.

So long as you test out the colour, make sure it suits your skin tone in natural and artificial light, it still looks good after some time, and you have the confidence to pull it off, then go for it!

As for the nude colour, finding your ideal shade will takes trial, testing, patience and maybe a few errors along the way. The fact that you have pale skin isn't the only factor involved: is your skin tone yellow or pink based? Warm or cold? What sort of finish are you after? There are thousands of nude lipsticks out there: and there are plenty of different pale skins. You might have to be more specific about what you're after if you want specific recommendations!

For a nude gloss I can recommend Revlon lipgloss in Nude Lustre. I have really fair skin as well and I love it, it's my favourite lipgloss it looks so natural but great. Its kind of a peachy pinkish colour.

i agree the l'oréal collection is worth to be checked.

i have a hot fuschia pink lipstick (great for summer/80s looks) and a bunch of pink lipglosses. i particularly like Urban Decay's lip gaze in Burn Out, it's pretty much my lip color with some sparkles, makes your lips really gorgeous.

you can also check the bourjois "eau de gloss" lipglosses. i spotted a nice pink and a nice coral (and the packaging is very cute).

I don't know of any good hot pink lip colors from the drugstore, but if you want a nude lippie from the drugstore, Rimmel's "Birthday Suit" lipstick is great!
smile.gif
hth!

Originally Posted by shibo /img/forum/go_quote.gif For a nude gloss I can recommend Revlon lipgloss in Nude Lustre. I have really fair skin as well and I love it, it's my favourite lipgloss it looks so natural but great. Its kind of a peachy pinkish colour. I second this!

Hot pink can be okay if the correct shade is chosen. Personally, I think pink corals, reddish pinks, and light pinks look the best on fair skinned people.

Someone mentioned L'Oreals newest collection and I agree it is worth checking into.

Latest posts

Back