Tea Tree oil as a cleanser?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how to use Tea Tree oil as a facial cleanser. Do you dilute the oil with water or is it apply directly to the face. Since this is an oil known for its beneficial properties and numerous usefullness I've decided I'm going to try some.
smile.gif
I'd appreciate any feedback please
smile.gif

Hmm I've heard of people mixing a few drops with their regular cleanser and using it like that, or I think you can use it like a toner diluted with water on a cotton ball.

you could even try cleansers, toners etc that already have tea tree oil incurporated into their formula...

tea tree oil is great on single pimples to dry them out a bit. so is lavender oil.

a toner recipe for you-

4 oz. witch hazel

5 drops Tea Tree

a steam recipe for you-

bowl of water

4 drops Lemon

4 drops Tea Tree

place face towel in mix, wring out, microwave 30 seconds, steam your face

thanks brewgrl for the recipe !

tea tree oil is great as a spot treatment, but mixed with other products i'm sure it's also good. i'll try that.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif a toner recipe for you-4 oz. witch hazel

5 drops Tea Tree

a steam recipe for you-

bowl of water

4 drops Lemon

4 drops Tea Tree

place face towel in mix, wring out, microwave 30 seconds, steam your face

Awesome recipe
smile.gif
I will give it a try. Oh! could I use warm water instead of microwaving the towel?

anytime!!!

you should actually thank my bestest friend... she's a former aesthetician, and she' my go-to girl.

fyi- she likes to put a drop of bergamot in the toner just for scent... it blends with the tea tree oil which can be very medicinal in scent. i don't mind the scent in the toner so it doesnt bother me... but that's why i use lemon, or grapefruit or orange or neroli for my steam, i like to breathe it in, clear the head and the skin at the same time... plus citrus oils have their own added benefits for the skin.

so any info that i know about essential oils, i got from her!

i use this as my daily face cleanser..I bought in Trader's Joe. Its Organice Tea Tree Oil cleanser.

I dont mix with anything..just damp my face squeeze the bottle and massage. rinse and wash basically.

Its the best face cleanser ever. I dont break out anymore. very minty too. quit refreshin first thing in the morning.

Originally Posted by XkrissyX /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use this as my daily face cleanser..I bought in Trader's Joe. Its Organice Tea Tree Oil cleanser.
I dont mix with anything..just damp my face squeeze the bottle and massage. rinse and wash basically.

Its the best face cleanser ever. I dont break out anymore. very minty too. quit refreshin first thing in the morning.

Awesome, I'm glad that it smells pleasant
smile.gif
That's always a concern for me..LOL I will definitely get some.

Originally Posted by princessmich /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awesome, I'm glad that it smells pleasant
smile.gif
That's always a concern for me..LOL I will definitely get some. Yea you should try it out for yourself. I dont regret buying it. Goodluck and let me know your testimonial.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by XkrissyX /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yea you should try it out for yourself. I dont regret buying it. Goodluck and let me know your testimonial.
wink.gif
I most certainly will post my review. I will go after a bottle of Certified Organic
rotfl.gif

Back