What color makeup should I wear with this dress?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys-- going to a wedding soon. Purchased an aqua/turqouise coloured dress. Not sure what color to go with for eyes and lips. I dont want anything teal colored around my eyes. I think I'm wearing silver accessories. I'm also thinking of going to Mac do get my makeup done that day. Any color suggesstions? thanks!

I would go to MAC for sure they always do a great job. Bring in the dress and they will get your makeup to look perfect with the dress without matching the color of the shadow. You will look fab.

teal is a tough one. Maybe a sparkly brown neutral type eye? or maybe silver and grey? I think it could look a bit 'cold' though - I'd go with a warmer colour like brown I think.

Good luck! let us see photos when you're done
smile.gif

Wedding makeup is almost always the same regardless of the dress one is wearing. Classic look is the way to go.

If you want to play with colors, consider sticking to soft colors. Bold colors could take the attention away from the bride and groom. Super smoky eyes should be done at another occasion.

lol ! you won't believe it, but i also planned to wear turquoise e/s for a wedding (june 23th). i was planning on making it more subtle than usually (considering that i love bold, that's gonna be hard lol
biggrin.gif
) meaning i won't load my brush with e/s. i was going to use my MUFE turquoise, very similar to Mac Aquadisiac and Mac Swimming. with either Mac Springbean lustreglass or that cool coral lipgloss from Bourjois (eau de gloss).

i was planning to wear a discreet necklace, meaning my fine chain and my triskell pendant (all in silver). plus some bracelets.

(i'm planning to wear turquoise and white clothes).

Hmm... I would go for a natural look. Since you have a bright colored dress, you're already making a statement and your makeup should compliment that statement. I would go for "peachy-like" tones. ( i used peachy tones as an example because i don't know your actual tone color) Are the colors at the wedding teal? I would also suggest not to overdo accersories. Depending on the dress type you should keep it plain and simple. Have a great time and enjoy being beautiful! ;-)

Bronzes, golds, purples, fuschia, orange, or even a standout yellow such as Mac's Chrome Eyeshadow Or Orange Eyeshadow. I favor Milan Minerals eyeshadow in shadows such as Extassy, Yield, Matte Papaya, Black Amethyst, or Plaything. There is a gorgeous green knows as HYPHY Green that I love and I also like Leprechaun. A bronzey eye would also be stunning. I was in a wedding once in which the wedding party wore teal green and white. My makeup stole the shadow.

Originally Posted by BeautifullyMADE /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm... I would go for a natural look. Since you have a bright colored dress, you're already making a statement and your makeup should compliment that statement. I would go for "peachy-like" tones. ( i used peachy tones as an example because i don't know your actual tone color) Are the colors at the wedding teal? I would also suggest not to overdo accersories. Depending on the dress type you should keep it plain and simple. Have a great time and enjoy being beautiful! ;-) Peach sounds gorgeous. I have never been able to find any peaches that really complement by dark skin coloring.
eusa_whistle.gif

gold always looks good with turqoise. i would go for a smokey eye with glittery gold inner corners or something like that

I would go for pinks. Not the bright fuschia colors, but the more muted natural tones. They have always been a winner for me when I wear my aqua colored dress.

Here is my suggestion:

• A matte beige for the eyelid and brow bone. A very low shimmer medium brown for the crease.
  • Smudge a very light line of black or brown eyeliner on top and bottom eyelash lines.
  • A light coat of black mascara.
  • A light natural blushing color for the cheeks.
  • A delicate medium toned nude gloss for the lips.
I hope you find the look you want!

classic white e/s =D

And for the lips,something like a light pink,baby rose...

Hope I helped =D

Latest posts

Back