-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Best curl products for wavy hair?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 14 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05
Reviews

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

I need some recs for curl products that are great for wavy hair, I need to create defined curls and help with not frizz, that's my major problem!

I was thinking maybe a cream product first like Frederic Fekkai's Luscious Curls ( has anyone try this, is it really good??? ), and then a styling product for hold. Any recs for cream and styling products?? Any good techniques?

TIA
22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair
LLL/ Mac NC20/ EDM Light/ Stila Shade C

#Post 2 of 14 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:42 PM

i love john freida silicone gel and secret weapon. i also use ouidad moisture gel. i'm african american so my hair is kinky, curly and i use these products on wet hair. i wet my hair in the shower. follow with dark and lovely chamomile moisturizer, then the silicone gel. follow that with the secret weapon and finally finish with the ouidad to smooth any flyaways and let me hair air dry. i know it seems like a lot, but my hair dries soft and bouncy with well defined curls and a minimum frizz factor. check out this site for more info on the ouidad products. let us know what you choose!

For Luxurious, Sexy Curls without the Frizz: Ouidad--The Curl Experts

#Post 3 of 14 OFFLINE   MindySue

MindySue

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts
  • Joined 18-February 07
Reviews

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

i havent found anything that works too well, IMO it's all gimics, i do use stuff however, i prefer creams because gels and stuff make it too stiff..i havent seen much of a difference in all the drugstore companies so just pick out whichever appeal to you. the main thing is to use a good conditioner and use your fingers to scrunch your curls/twirl ringlets so they don't just get all crazy.

#Post 4 of 14 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

i guess i should have checked your profile pic before i answered. i thought that you had curly hair and was looking for some products to work with. sorry~

#Post 5 of 14 OFFLINE   BeneBaby

BeneBaby

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Joined 10-June 05
Reviews

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

I use Bumble and Bumble Curl Creme. I worki it into my hair when it's wet and then let it air dry. It gives me really nice curls that aren't crunchy!
Hey friends....Looking for a Makeup Artist in Northern California?
Check out my flyer in the Makeup Artist Forum here.I am also swapping ALOT of stuff.....

#Post 6 of 14 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05
Reviews

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by monniej View Post
i guess i should have checked your profile pic before i answered. i thought that you had curly hair and was looking for some products to work with. sorry~
I have wavy ahir that's even worst LOL, in my profile pic my hair'd been straighten
22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair

#Post 7 of 14 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I have wavy ahir that's even worst LOL, in my profile pic my hair'd been straighten
wow! you did a great job straightening. looks very natural!

#Post 8 of 14 OFFLINE   semantje

semantje

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts
  • Joined 07-March 06
Reviews

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

these curl enhanchers never work for me in some sort of way, they make my hair look greasy. what works for me is that i use alot of gel spray and crunch the curls in
I'm Baaaaack

#Post 9 of 14 OFFLINE   topdogg

topdogg

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

I use IC Fantasia hair serum and then Garnier Fructis soft curl cream and then work in a little bit of Suave anti frizz aloe gel. Scrunch like crazy and then DON'T TOUCH while it dries and I normally have pretty good curls. Here is the only pic I could find with my hair down, I know its not the best but hopefully you can see a little bit of what I'm talking about.

#Post 10 of 14 OFFLINE   aprilpgb22

aprilpgb22

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 26-December 06
Reviews

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

monniej thanks for your post because my hair is natural curly but because i had a perm and i am going back natural my hair will never get that original curl.. I had been trying to find something to enhance the curls and also moisturize because my hair looks so dry after it drys from being washed.

WISDOM AINT SEEING WHAT'S IN YOUR FACE, BUT RECOGNIZING WHAT'S ABOUT TO COME!!

Youtube.com/dziretwinsmusic

Instagram dziretwinsmusic

#Post 11 of 14 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05
Reviews

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by topdogg View Post
I use IC Fantasia hair serum and then Garnier Fructis soft curl cream and then work in a little bit of Suave anti frizz aloe gel. Scrunch like crazy and then DON'T TOUCH while it dries and I normally have pretty good curls. Here is the only pic I could find with my hair down, I know its not the best but hopefully you can see a little bit of what I'm talking about.

Thanks!!! Unfortunately we have none of these products here, but thanks for the tips!! Your hair look soooo pretty in the pic, mine are not so curly they're more like a huge giant curl all together LOL that's why I hate wavy hair!

Originally Posted by monniej View Post
wow! you did a great job straightening. looks very natural!
Thanks!!!!
22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair

#Post 12 of 14 OFFLINE   topdogg

topdogg

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

Awe, I'm sorry for suggesting things you can't get a hold of. I hope you find something that works for you. Thanks for the compliments too

#Post 13 of 14 OFFLINE   Sophia

Sophia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,783 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

What do you think about Tigi's Catwalk Curl Amplifier?????

Has anyone try it??
22 yrs old
Brown eyes and hair

#Post 14 of 14 OFFLINE   Megacurls

Megacurls

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 16-May 11
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

:rolleyes:I have tried the curl amplifier. It smells good but it is really sticky and makes my curls hard. I found some that I love it is beyond the zone noodle head curl cream followed by the beyond zone noodle head smooth your curls serum. Smells great and makes my curls soft you can find it at sally's beauty supply a great price too