OC Eight

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this? You have to get it prescribed - from what the website says it does, I really, really want it! (www.oc8.com)

It is a "mattifying gel" which gives you "even toned true matte skin". It kinda seems like it is a primer for those with oily skin (or in my case a very oily T-zone). It also says it diminishes redness, blotchyness, & blemishes. They say if you apply it to only one side of your face u can immediately notice a difference..

Apparently the American Idol m/u artists use it on people b4 they go on stage. PLUS it asorbs facial oils for up to 8 hours & I need that because I sweat SO much in the summer.

I see my dermatologist in 2 weeks & I want to get it! It's prob really expensive tho.. anyone heard of it or tried it?

Never heard of it. Looks interesting though. If you try it, let us know how it works for you!

There are over the counter products available that do quite similar things.

Curious as to why you would need a prescription.

Make sure you ask your Dr if there is something similar that does the same job, at a less expensive price.

My dermatologist recommends Clarex OC Oil Control Gel.

- for the control and reduction of excess facial oil.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif There are over the counter products available that do quite similar things.Curious as to why you would need a prescription.

Make sure you ask your Dr if there is something similar that does the same job, at a less expensive price.

My dermatologist recommends Clarex OC Oil Control Gel.

- for the control and reduction of excess facial oil.

I am in the same area as you. Where did you find the Clarex OC Oil Control Gel? OTC or Rx?
Thanks

My dermatologist gave me samples.

They are not prescription - just over the counter.

He said that I could find them in a Shoppers - just ask the pharmacist where they stock them.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif Curious as to why you would need a prescription.
Make sure you ask your Dr if there is something similar that does the same job, at a less expensive price. My My dermatologist recommends Clarex OC Oil Control Gel for the control and reduction of excess facial oil.

Yeah, I dont know why for this specific product u need a Rx... I'll ask my derm when I go in - - If I cant get it I'll use that Clarex stuff... that sounds good. Do u apply it after u wash your face under makeup then?
I was looking at Smashbox Anti Shine or some kind of other gel but I would rather get it from a skincare line than a makeup line..

Ask your derm if they have any samples. My derm gave me several - medium blue packet.

Wash face, then apply clarex. Then apply makeup last.

I'm not sure if sunscreen should be applied first or second.

This a Canadian product - not sure if available in US.

Tell derm it is an "oil control gel" and it is "for the control and reduction of excess facial oil." - written on packet.

Ask if there is something comparable, over the counter if US doesn't carry it.

IMO the US always seems to be ahead of Canada in skin care products. So your derm shoul definitaly be able to help you in this area.

Back