Monroe Piercing Advice!!!!! Rant!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay ladies, I need your advice badly, I've been wanting to get a Monroe piercing for a couple of years now, even before they were widely popular. My best friend and I went to go get his naval pierced yesterday, and before you know it, I got my Monroe piercing...LOL. Now, I absolutely love it! It works with my hair and personality. My dilema is this I'm a secretary at a church, now 85% of the time, no one comes in my office, but it is still a church and do you all think that it's terribly unprofessional? I don't want to take it out but what could I do to cover it up? Today, I have a band-aid covering it up and I look crazy as hell. What should I do...just wear it and see what they say?
kopfkratz.gif
HELP!!!!

Monroecovered.jpg

can you perhaps use a bar with a clear tiny flat screw or clear ball? ive seen them when i was looking for one for my tragus... my gf wears one in her labaret piercing.

to be honest, i think if its small and sweet it should not interfere with your work! wear it, see what they say and if things dont look promising, try to work out a compromise!

i can tell you would pull it off SO well! go for it!!! i wish i could do a face piercing but for some reason i dont think i can putt it off, so i will torture my conch instead for my next piercing!

I think a clear bar sounds like a good idea! but I dont think even in a church that it would be unproffessional to wear jewellery there. thats my opinion anyway
smile.gif

I think that it is okay to wear at church. They are not supposed to judge you.

Originally Posted by SimplyElegant /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it would be fine as long as it isn't huge. It's not huge at all...I have a standard ball right now, but once it heals I can get something smaller. I'll post a pick tonight.

I would ask their permission. Perhaps I'm old fashioned but I don't think piercings, other than in the ears, and tattoos are appropiate for most places of business.

N

Originally Posted by CubNan /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would ask their permission. Perhaps I'm old fashioned but I don't think piercings, other than in the ears, and tattoos are appropiate for most places of business.
N

The only thing with that is I already have the piercing.

Yeah, I'd say go for a clear one as soon as you can change it... but don't rush changing it because you don't want to damage the piercing. I just got my nose done and I am, too, a wearer of the band-aid at work (just retail). It sucks but it's only temporary... and why should you take it out if you just got it! I will be changing mine to a clear stud in like 2 months or a month, or whenever I feel it's ready.

I think in this day and age, there are so many people with tattoos and piercings that it really SHOULDN'T be an issue. It makes me mad that it still IS an issue. I feel like as long as you have a good personality, don't look like a slob, and are doing your job well... they shouldn't force you to comply to a certain dress code regarding piercings or tattoos. That's part of a person's choice, which is why they call it "Body Modification"... the piercing or tattoo becomes a part of you... making it almost discrimination for them to not want you to have it.

Oh well, good luck!

I agree with CubNan - I hate facial piercings!

But facial piercings are so common that I don't blink at them anymore.

However, if you are in a place of business and you want to be taken seriously and assumed to be a professional, you might want to consider removing it.

Can't you remove it during the day and put it back for the evening or does the hole close up?

Caro, because it's so new, the hole would heal
smile.gif

With the clear studs, you really shouldnt be able to see the piercing very much at all, but it will take at least a few months before you should change it
smile.gif

Maybe you could ask if they have a problem with it and if they do reassure them that you'll keep it covered for now and change to a clear stud as soon as you can. Then at least they should appreciate your efforts to be work appropriate (although I still dont see why they should have a problem with it
smile.gif
Guess it depends how conservative they are.)

I'm looking forward to pics. Btw, your top is totally cute and I love your makeup today. I forgot to say earlier

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Caro, because it's so new, the hole would heal
smile.gif

With the clear studs, you really shouldnt be able to see the piercing very much at all, but it will take at least a few months before you should change it
smile.gif

Maybe you could ask if they have a problem with it and if they do reassure them that you'll keep it covered for now and change to a clear stud as soon as you can. Then at least they should appreciate your efforts to be work appropriate (although I still dont see why they should have a problem with it
smile.gif
Guess it depends how conservative they are.)

I'm looking forward to pics. Btw, your top is totally cute and I love your makeup today. I forgot to say earlier

Thank you so much, your insight on this is helpful. I didn't know what to do, I was thinking maybe I'd shoot the Pastor and my supervisor an e-mail.

Originally Posted by AprilRayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif What's a tragus and a labaret?? I guess I'm not very up to date on my piercings! LOL A labret is one form of body piercing. Taken literally, it is any type of adornment that is attached to the facial lip (labrum). However, the term usually refers to a piercing that is below the bottom lip, above the chin.
The tragus is the small piece of thick cartilage that projects immediately in front of the ear canal.

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with CubNan - I hate facial piercings!
But facial piercings are so common that I don't blink at them anymore.

However, if you are in a place of business and you want to be taken seriously and assumed to be a professional, you might want to consider removing it.

Can't you remove it during the day and put it back for the evening or does the hole close up?

LOL..hate is such a strong word. I mean some piercing do take away from a persons face, but I don't think mine does, I'll post pics tomorrow. As far as professionalism, I understand what your saying, but for me this just a job...I LOVE it, but it's not my career. When I go back into Social Work, I'd definitely take it out.

I honestly think it just depends on how conservative your church is..see I go to a church where people asked to see my tongue ring when i got it done after church so I know that here it would be no problem.But my personal belief is that a place of worship shouldnt judge and I'm sure they wouldn't shun you for a small piercing like that, and if they have an issue with it then I agree with the clear bar.I hope you don't have to hide it any longer lol even though its under a band-aid the mental picture of that piercing on you is amazing!

I think you shouldn't hide it. For one thing, it could hamper your healing process. For another thing, people are going to wonder what's going on if you show up with the band-aid. Eventually, you're going to have to not wear the band-aid, and they will see you have a piercing.

Of all the facial piercings there are, I think the Monroe is the cutest and least obstructive. People who don't stare intently at you will just think it's a beauty mole.

You can talk to the pastor (or whomever you need to) about it, and if they say it does cause a problem, switch to a clear retainer when you can. That way, people will really have to stare hard for a good fifteen seconds before they know a piercing is there.

I hope everything at work turns out okay. And really... since it's a church... they are not supposed to judge you.

Perhaps get a clear one when you're healed to wear when you're at work. I think Monroe's are one of the least obvious of facial piercings.

I think a clear retainer would be your best bet. IMO, a Monroe is less likely to scream "OMG I HAVE A FACIAL PIERCING" than say your eyebrow, nose, or lip. It's unfortunate that people at your place of work would judge you because of that. I guess it depends on how conservative the church is, though.

***UPDATED WITH PICS: It's the end of the day so here are some pics of my piercing...PLEASE EXCUSE my shiny face it's in the mid- 90's here in Charlotte and I'm ROASTING.

Monroepic.jpg

Monroepic2.jpg

EyeCandyDiva - It's so little! I don't think you need to cover it up at all, it's so cute!

Back