Why do people think ear gauges are so gross?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've noticed since the yeaaaaaarsssss back when I gauged my ears, that a lot more kids and teens are doing it now and growing up around it as a part of their certain "style". When I first started stretching my earlobes, there was no real "right" or "healthy" way of doing it. I just stuck the plugs in and bled. But now it's a huge thing that 14 year olds are going to tattoo shops with their parents to get their ear gauged.

I work at Victoria's Secret, and I am allowed to have my earlobes stretched and everything, I just have to hide them behind my hair, which is easy. But I had a new girl come up to me the other day and express how grossed out she was by my earlobes being stretched, but the other day I heard her talking about how she has her privates peirced. So where does she have room to talk?

Eww yeah, I think a clit piercing is WAY grosser than stretched earlobes. Then again I don't mind stretched ears, I like to poke my finger through my friends...ear sex lol

I am no fan of either. I feel it could be hurtful or unsightly in the "retirement" years of life.

Dang! I'm not into piercings "down there." lol.

I don't mind gauged ears, though. I actually kind of like how it looks. My only negative thought would be that they might not want gauged ears once they get old. But that's entirely up to them whether they'd mind it or not.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am no fan of either. I feel it could be hurtful or unsightly in the "retirement" years of life. I agree....i'm not a fan of either piercings but i have my nose pierced and none of my friends seem to like it. So to each his own i guess. Actually the ear lobe stretching only bothers me when theyre really hanging down

I am a to each their own kind of person. I would not want them personally since I may not want them when I am older. But I do not think they are gross. I hear a lot of people that think that tattoos are gross but I like them.

Why, because it looks gross..I did it. It just IS gross..a big hole. sorry. I cant really talk I did it myself but I regret it.

Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why, because it looks gross..I did it. It just IS gross..a big hole. sorry. I cant really talk I did it myself but I regret it. Mine is only a 0g. So it's not even that big, and I can take them out whenever I want and they will go back to their original size
biggrin.gif

PARTAH!

I just hate when people are hypocrites about piercings. <3

I dont think its gross but then again i dont live in a small town. Alot of people have those piercings and i could careless.

I dont think that they are gross, but they are very unprofessional and childish for particular professions. On the streets, to each his own; in a bank, in a hospital, law firm, ect, it is not nice.

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont think that they are gross, but they are very unprofessional and childish for particular professions. On the streets, to each his own; in a bank, in a hospital, law firm, ect, it is not nice. I agree.

Have any of you seen that Dr. 90210 episode where the guy stretched his lobe out so much that it ripped?? *shudders* eewwww, now thats when it gets gross! I think 0g is fine, but when they get TOO big it starts looking funky, but hey if that's what you're [they're] into, go for it, ya know?

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have any of you seen that Dr. 90210 episode where the guy stretched his lobe out so much that it ripped?? *shudders* eewwww, now thats when it gets gross! I think 0g is fine, but when they get TOO big it starts looking funky, but hey if that's what you're [they're] into, go for it, ya know? I agree, too big well mmm....but I think it aslo depends on the person, some guys at my school have them super big and they actually look real nice. But others...I think it goes with the personality, know what I mean? I don't think they are gross, I think they are actually neat. My mom hates them but then again she's old and has different views. As far as the chick having a clit piercing....she's just stupid
sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have any of you seen that Dr. 90210 episode where the guy stretched his lobe out so much that it ripped?? *shudders* eewwww, now thats when it gets gross! I think 0g is fine, but when they get TOO big it starts looking funky, but hey if that's what you're [they're] into, go for it, ya know? Eeek! Eeww, Eewww! I was not prepared to read that right now
10.gif

i don't mind, though i prefer the smaller ones, i can't help but think the bigger it is, the more it's hurting.

I'm not a fan of ear gauging, but that's my personal opinion. It can look great on some people and if you're happy with it, then great
smile.gif
That was extremely rude of that girl to come up to you and say that, if she doesn't like it, then fine, but she should keep her mouth shut and her opinions to herself. There's no need to be nasty.

I have my ears gauged to about an 8.

[[too scared to go any farther]]

and people dont tend to notice, but when they do its about a 50/50 reaction. Some people thing its fascinating and other go... EEEEEEEEEEEEEW. haha.

Earlobe streaching is pretty sweet though.

<3

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont think that they are gross, but they are very unprofessional and childish for particular professions. On the streets, to each his own; in a bank, in a hospital, law firm, ect, it is not nice.
dito.gif

I'm not a fan of ear gauging, or a private piercing, the big holes in the lobes do look unusual. I do like tattoes. To each their own.

Latest posts

Back