Best Hairstyles By Body Type: Tall, Petite, Curvy or Busty (PT 1 of 10)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tall & Thin? Don't Go Too Short

short8.JPG

Very tall women risk looking like pinheads if they get a super short hairstyle. Leave the boy cuts to the pixie girls (think Wynona Ryder, French actress Audrey Tatou, Natalie Portman, Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby).

Some tall women can get away with short hairstyles. The "pioneer" of the pixie cut, Audrey Hepburn, was 5'7" -- quite tall even by today's standards. And if anyone can pull off a short hairstyle, it was her. That said, onscreen, she looked quite petite.

I'm not sure if I agree with this. I'm 5'9 and had a very short haircut. Actually it was shaved in the back and short in the front. I loved it so much. I didn't look like a pinhead. At least I don't think so
smile.gif

Thanks for posting

I'm excited about this one! Let's see how many rules I have broken!!!

I actually do agree, I am 5'11" and I have been since 8th grade. I had a short hair cut ONCE AND ONLY once. I looked like a tall skinny boy.
add_wegbrech.gif

I think that it is the neck issue that makes some tall ladies look like a pinhead. Very tall ladies with long necks do look rather odd with really short hair, lol

I could agree with this. I am really tall (about 5'11") and I don't ever go with hair above my shoulders. Really short hair may look good on some tall girls, but overall I think it should be longer.

Back