Rusk Being Undressed formula change.. pics!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
My fiancee just loves Rusk's Being Undressed styling gloss. He buys one everytime he gets his haircut, but it's pretty expensive, so I found a deal online for a whole case for $20 dollars and we thought we were set for life. WRONG!!!

Steve noticed that the product was milky and didn't have the same hold as it did before. We opened ever single can we bought and they were all the same milky consistency. I read the ingredients on the old can and the last three were missing from the new cans. I took a photo to show you the difference between the two products.

One is a nice green/blue sparkly color and the other is a mint green milky look. The new one sucks!! AND they skimped out on good ingredients! Just a warning to those who like Rusk products.

PS.. I went to an actual store to make sure that the online sellers didn't scam me on the product. The product at the store was the same milky one that we don't like!! I've written Rusk and told them about this !

They look like two completely different products. The one on the right looks like a waxy pomade, while the one on the right looks more like a creamy product.

That's a pretty big change... wow. I hate it when companies change the formulation of things that you love, especially when they don't tell you! I mean, they could at least put "new formula" on the label or something, especially when it's that much of a change in the colour/consistency/performance of the product. Not to mention it's expensive... I'd be pissed! LOL.

I have a product by Garnier Fructis that looks like the one on the right. It smells like heaven. It's some kind of molding, shine wax. I prefer spray wax, but bought this to give it a try. I use it on the front of my hair some times just to be able to smell it. It only cost $4.00 or $5.00 too.

My husband likes Rusk Being Undressed too but he switched to something different because like you said the formula is now more milky and it doesn't hold very well at all.

Latest posts

Back