How to NOT sweat your makeup off...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you ever watched a really energetic performance and wondered..."Why isn't that Girls face melted off?" I know I have. Here's a little insider trick for you all.....

3641-proface4.jpg

Apparently there is a whole underground range of products designed to keep your face from sweating?? Who knew? This one is called Pro Face and it blocks sweat from forming. Basically a face anti-perspirant. It contains aluminum chlorohydrate and is used by many performers to keep their faces intact during intense activity. I also found this version...
3641-Hydosal_home_product.jpg

This one is a gel to use before makeup. Both products can be irritating and should be spot tested before use.
If you need to be Hot, but don't want to look Hot....this might be for you.

intriguing! sounds so unnatural haha.

then agian so is anti persperant..but i still use it cause

i cant stand sweating. and i just dont like deodorants cause i still smell with them.

oh wow really? this is great i was just at a party today sitting in the hot sun. make up was so perfect you know and of course i felt like i was melting. i was saying i wish there was something that you can put on your face so your make up don't melt off. never heard of this.. i should look into it

WOW I want some to put on the bridge of my nose b/c for some reason when I'm wearing my sunglasses and it's really hot the area of my nose that the middle of my shades touches gets really sweaty.

this is a funny thread for me, my friends used to tease me that i didnt have sweat glands, because everytime we'd go partying i would be the only one with a completly dry face and full face makeup by 3:am!!! this after dancing up a storm in a hot club mind you. it's really weird but of course if i drink lots of water and cut out sodas i will sweat all around my hairline but still not enough for my makeup to smear off. and yes i have a dry complexion!! lol!!

In my country where it's humid and hot, the moment I walk for 5 to 10 mins on the streets, i will start sweating and my make up will start to melt...Grrr.

This product sounds good. Is it available in other countries?

You can buy it online.

Actually dancing would be the only reason I would wear it. I look a mess when I go out. I am one of the few girls that really get down dancing, I don't do that cute sexy grind stuff. I'm a hardcore dance-aholic. I have a DJ who calls me his mascot...haah.

omg haha amanda you really ARE a character. it must be so fun to hang out with you.

id love to see you dance haha...wow that is my dream now.

Yeah....I get crazy. But one of my Best Friends is crazier, she dances so big she hits people and elbows them and almost puts their eyes out with her "walk like an egyptian" hands. I love going with her because she clears a crowd better than anyone!

LOL. i love it.

me im a shy quiet person so i cant see that happening but im sure it'd be entertaining as hell to watch.

I don't think this would be of much use to me as I sweat more from my scalp than from the face. It wouldn't prevent the sweat rolling down my face from my scalp from ruining my makeup. So far, a sealant like Ben Nye Final Seal over makeup in combination with a face primer under makeup seems to be my most effective makeup preservation technique.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah....I get crazy. But one of my Best Friends is crazier, she dances so big she hits people and elbows them and almost puts their eyes out with her "walk like an egyptian" hands. I love going with her because she clears a crowd better than anyone! omg, i can imagine !!
add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif

i'm the contrary, i'm a very bad dancer (though i'm not as dangerous as your friend
wink.gif
) so usually i'm the one who stays on a chair, guarding the bags (lol, sometimes i wanna see what my friends carry with them niark niark).

Not that this isn't cool, but the aluminum is in deodorant too and that's one of the key ingredients that makes my pits irritated and dark. Can't imagine what it'd do to my face.

I'd like to try this out. I live in Sunny Florida where its ALWAYS hot. My only concern would be if this product would make my face break out.

well if its similar to what we use under our armpit can we smear that one we use under our armpit on our face?.....i mean its very delicate skin there too

Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dance like Elaine from Seinfeld, it is not a pretty sight!
add_wegbrech.gif

I don't go out.. much less dance. So if I know I'm going to get sweaty, I sually just don't wear anything but tinted moisturizer.

Back