Macy's MAC counter Return Policy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Before I have no problems returning something from Macy's but I tried to return something today and here is the MA's response:

Me: Hi, I would like to return this. (hands him the product)

MAC MA: Has it been use?

Me: Yes.

MA: Sorry but we can't do returns on used items because we can't resell it.

Me: Well, can I do an exchange then?

MA: No sorry. (hands me back the product)

Me: Okay then. Thanks.

Has the MAC counter in Macy's change their policy on returning used items? I have return a used Beige-ing shadestick 2 months prior with no problems. Should I try to do a return again with a different MA?

Well, prolly because it is used, they may have changed their policy, cause it is not sanitary, they cannot resale it, and cannot return it to MAC for the money back either. But maybe you could call and ask first!

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, prolly because it is used, they may have changed their policy, cause it is not sanitary, they cannot resale it, and cannot return it to MAC for the money back either. But maybe you could call and ask first! but people have mention that if you return something that hasn't been used or has been used, they just throw it in the trash.

Funny, because I've returned things to my MAC, which is only on Macy's. No problems! I've seen other people do it too. I'd call the store and ask them, and make sure you get the person's name. Then, if they say you can and you take it in and get problems, you can tell them WHO said it was okay. If nothing else, you can always sell or swap it here.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Funny, because I've returned things to my MAC, which is only on Macy's. No problems! I've seen other people do it too. I'd call the store and ask them, and make sure you get the person's name. Then, if they say you can and you take it in and get problems, you can tell them WHO said it was okay. If nothing else, you can always sell or swap it here. thanks. since i'm thinking about heading back to Macy's tomorrow, I'll try again and if they said no, i'll just sell it.

Try living in the UK, you can't return cosmetic items unless they're defective. I'm always jealous of the return policies in the US.

weird, i've always return my mac purchases from macy's with no problem. i think it really depend on the store and the SA you speak to. but maybe try again at different macy's or speak to a different SA and see if it works. otherwise, like others said, you can always resell them here. rarely anyone says no to MAC, so it'd be a quick sell i believe.
biggrin.gif

can you complain to MAC when you have a bad experience at one of their counters and not just at stores?

Originally Posted by rizzie_x3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif weird, i've always return my mac purchases from macy's with no problem. i think it really depend on the store and the SA you speak to. but maybe try again at different macy's or speak to a different SA and see if it works. otherwise, like others said, you can always resell them here. rarely anyone says no to MAC, so it'd be a quick sell i believe.
biggrin.gif
so i can return it at a different location besides the location where i purchase the product at?

i believe you can return it at any macy's stores as long as you have the receipt, but not sure if you can file a complaint about a purchase at a local mac counter to MAC, but it's worth a try if nothing work out.
smile.gif
i did file a complaint when i purchase from MAC online and the items arrive damaged. they always let me to keep the items and resend a replacement for me with 2nd day air mail at no additional cost. this is what i love about MAC. great customer service ;D

Originally Posted by rizzie_x3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm not sure. but i did file a complaint when i purchase from MAC online and the items arrive damaged. they always let me to keep the items and resend a replacement for me with 2nd day air mail at no additional cost. this is what i love about MAC. great customer service ;D that what i would expect if i go to any of their counters but no. i'm so pissed off right now that i'm thinking about not going to a MAC counter for a while.

I say give them a call, and find out the policy. Different stores in different Areas do different things. Belk's here in Mississippi wont take open MAC products.

Originally Posted by noahlowryfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif can you complain to MAC when you have a bad experience at one of their counters and not just at stores? I've complained about two bad experiences given attitude from MAs, and they apologized and sent me a free gift. I definitely think it's worth complaining if you feel you're being treated wrong. No matter if it's online, a MAC store, or a department store counter.

I'm sorry, but this is totally untrue, you can DEFINITELY return at Macy's. I would call the store. I remember being told in orientation when i used to work there part time on holidays that Macy's will take back a liptstick that's got a millimeter left of the tube!!!!

she's trying to con you!

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm sorry, but this is totally untrue, you can DEFINITELY return at Macy's. I would call the store. I remember being told in orientation when i used to work there part time on holidays that Macy's will take back a liptstick that's got a millimeter left of the tube!!!!
she's trying to con you!

i purchase it at downtown SF's Macy's. i'm planning to go to Serramonte on Monday. Will I be able to return it there?

Originally Posted by noahlowryfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif i purchase it at downtown SF's Macy's. i'm planning to go to Serramonte on Monday. Will I be able to return it there? i dont see why you couldnt! i actually am in disbelief that the union square macy's would do that! did you ty to return it to the MAC counter onthe Junior's floor or on the main floor?

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif i dont see why you couldnt! i actually am in disbelief that the union square macy's would do that! did you ty to return it to the MAC counter onthe Junior's floor or on the main floor? Juniors floor. should i have done it at the main floor?
i had the product for a little over 60 days. can i still return it?

You should be able to take back the product. I think it would be a good idea to call and ask about their return policies, and if you are able to then I would go back and do so. I agree that if you get the same trouble again, then it's time to report the person in question.

Personally I think she's talking BS. I've returned things to Mac at Macy's before with no problem. I'd try again, just say you tried it and it didn't work for you so you would like to return it. If you have any problems ask to speak to the cosmetics manager. And I mean the store cosmetics manager. Otherwise I would write to MAC at their website online and tell them what happened and no doubt they'll fix it for you.

Originally Posted by noahlowryfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif Before I have no problems returning something from Macy's but I tried to return something today and here is the MA's response:
Me: Hi, I would like to return this. (hands him the product)

MAC MA: Has it been use?

Me: Yes.

MA: Sorry but we can't do returns on used items because we can't resell it.

Me: Well, can I do an exchange then?

MA: No sorry. (hands me back the product)

Me: Okay then. Thanks.

Has the MAC counter in Macy's change their policy on returning used items? I have return a used Beige-ing shadestick 2 months prior with no problems. Should I try to do a return again with a different MA?

Back