Just got a job at Ulta!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got a job at Ulta!
smile.gif
I know probably nobody here will care lol but I'm super-excited & was wondering if any of you have any advice about working there or product recommendations for me. I have tried Bare Escentuals, & alot of the drugstore products, but not a whole lot else. I'm supposed to just wear makeup sold at Ulta while I work. They sell lines like Bourjois, Lola (which I've been meaning to try for the longest time just because of the packaging lol), Smashbox, ect.

Is the Ulta site down or something cause I can't bring it up? Congrats on the job though
biggrin.gif

Congrats! Some Ultas sell UDPP, so that's definitely something to look into if you don't use it. I also LOVE their MMU. Smashbox is a good brand too. Some Ultas also sell Sexy Hair Concepts, which I happen to be a fan of their products. Maybe just go in the store one day and browse to see what strikes your fancy. Ulta sells a lot of good brands.

OMG I'm super jealous too! I looked on their website and they're hiring at my Ulta for beauty consultants that only require a HS diploma and some knowledge of the products. And MUA which obviously requires a cosmetology license and I'm still working on the plans on when I'm going. I really wanna work there tho. My husband said "you already have a job" so I don't know. I think I'd be to shy and intimidated that I know nothing about the products. Except a few smashbox.

Congrats, have fun!
smile.gif

Thanks so much ladies! All of you rock.
smile.gif
I'll definitely check out the lines/products you told me about. I've always shopped at Ulta for hair & skin care (I also love the Sexy Hair Concepts line btw.
smile.gif
), perfume, & lots of various other things that they sell there. It's just the makeup that unfortunately I don't know much about. I'm sure I will have lots of fun working there though. I get a 50% discount on all salon services Monday through Thursday, which I am so happy about. I think all my paychecks are just going to go right back to Ulta. lol

Hey! Congratulations! I am soooo envious!!! If I worked there, I would never have a paycheck because I would spend each and every paycheck there! LOL. How much is your employee discount?

Congrats. I worked at Ulta before and I hated it probaly because it was the one in Houston in the Galleria area and we were constantly busy and we had alot if stuck up diva attitudes customers and employees. But U lta eyeshadows rock.

why in the world would think no one cares? girl, congrats and can i use your discount? (just kidding) lol~ i'm so happy for you and make sure to budget. you can really go crazy in that place! keep us posted on what's new!

Girl, that's AWESOME...I just want to work there so I can use my paycheck for makeup!!! That's a fab job.

Congrats! Check out NYX, Urban Decay, and Too Faced!
smile.gif
I love their products. Studio Gear is pretty good as well!

Back