Period and faster metabolism?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know why but I notice that whenever I get my period my body temperature rises and I tend to eat more but for some reason I don't gain a pound. Have you experienced this before?

lucky! for me, i gain weight. i think it's water weight though. and i definitely eat more! lol. especially chocolate or other sweets. hehe

Ugh, I usually eat less right before and during my period, sometimes I just lose my appetite ... however I still gain that lovely water weight for a few days
icon_rolleyes.gif

But everyone's different so having a slightly higher metabolism is certainly possible!

I've read something about how when estrogen levels are higher, the body burns slightly more fat so around your period you burn a few more calories...not sure on how all this works, but I know I've read it before!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I've read something about how when estrogen levels are higher, the body burns slightly more fat so around your period you burn a few more calories...not sure on how all this works, but I know I've read it before! Thank you soo much!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Actually its a natural thing to have your temperature rise during periods.

Following ovulation, there is a rise in your body temperature and your temperature can increase by 0.5 to 1.6 degrees. In fact some people even calculate their ovulation day with the help of their temperature measurement.

Originally Posted by ravine Actually its a natural thing to have your temperature rise during periods.

Following ovulation, there is a rise in your body temperature and

your temperature can increase by 0.5 to 1.6 degrees. In fact some people even calculate their ovulation day with the help of their temperature measurement.

i didnt understand a single word of that

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 i didnt understand a single word of that Hi, you didn't understand? Okay, I'll try to explain...
I'll try to explain ovulation first in my own words...every month during your monthly cycle, comes a day when you are most fertileand susceptable to pregnancy. This usually occurs on the 14th day of your cycle, if you start counting from the first day of your periods and you have a 28 day cycle. So, during this time , a womens body temperature rises, this a is a known fact.

So, some people , who want to know which is the ovulation time, do so by taking thier temperature everyday and seeing when it reaches its peak.

Hope I have explained properly.

Taking your temperature works too. I did this everyday when I was trying to fall pregnant and fell pregnant straight away both times. Could have just been very lucky though!

Yes, even at 42, I have an increased appetite and do not gain weight either. It has something to do with a a surge of testerone and that stimulates the appetite.

Originally Posted by smallpuppy I don't know why but I notice that whenever I get my period my body temperature rises and I tend to eat more but for some reason I don't gain a pound. Have you experienced this before?

Latest posts

Back