Neutrogena (or almay) foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to have really bad acne, then i went to the dermatologist and in the last year my face has really cleared up. But i do have problems with red marks. My dermatologist said they will go away in a couple of years but in the meantime cover-up with foundation from neutrogena or almay. (i put of using foundation for about a year because it broke me out, she said that if it is oil-free it will not break me out)

i have been looking at the different foundations from these brands and cant find alot. i am leading more towards neutrogena then almay though. what would you recommend out of these two brands? i like lightweight makeup, a tinted moisturizer would be ok also.

I am just like you in that I only use foundation from these two brands. Nuetrogena foundation is good for you skin if it is not very blemished or scared, because the coverage is medium at best. Almay foundation has better coverage. Their line smoothing foundation, although for older skin works really good and leaves skin very smooth. It will gradually make your skin smoother and smoother, so I'd say go with that if your trying to cover acne. It has a very thick consistency, so if you start using it, start small first. Then just combine it with a good concealer and your skin is good to go.

Hi! Is the Almay line smoothing foundation oil-free? I'm in tv news and am on the lookout for a new foundation with good coverage but one that won't cake up. Do you think this is a good choice?

Originally Posted by emily /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi! Is the Almay line smoothing foundation oil-free? I'm in tv news and am on the lookout for a new foundation with good coverage but one that won't cake up. Do you think this is a good choice? It's oil free, I know I always check before I buy any foundation.

I had a bottle of the Almay Clear Complexion foundation that is supposed to get rid of acne or prevent acne. I think I wrote a horrible review. The texture was goopey and disgusting, it smelled bad and it was the only line of foundation that doesn't seem to have a shade that matches me.

I love the Neutrogena skin clearing liquid foundation, I wear the 130 shade, the ivory one, it's perfect and goes on well, it has 0.5 salicylic acid and helps clear my skin. As for Almay, I don't like their skin clearing liquid fioundation but the skin clearing concealer is really good and it very gentle on the skin.

I haven't tried Neutrogena, but Almay has some great foundations. My only complaint is they're not pale enough for me. lol.

over in singapore, we only have neutrogena skincare, and no almay
frown.gif

thanks for the replys guys! i THINK i am going to go with the Neutrogena skin clearing liquid foundation. I might try almay if Neutrogena doesnt work out for me.

Back