How to Get "Piecey" Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How to Get "Piecey" Hair

From Julyne Derrick
Your Guide to Beauty
I've always admired the "piecey" look: The somewhat chunky effect some women have and most of us don't. I wondered, what's the secret to this look? Turns out it's all in the finishing product. Pomades, waxes and putties work to bind hair together, creating a "piecey effect."

How to get it:
It's important to start with dry hair. Rub a small amount of product between hands, then apply to random chunky pieces of hair. It's best to apply product from mid-shaft of hair down. (Get too close to the crown and hair could turn greasy). Separate chunks of hair to create the piecey effect.

This is a great look for short, layered hair but will work on other lengths as well.

SOURCE

Or you could neglect washing your hair for a while, that always works.

Lol, what I do is not wash it for a day, then curl my hair or not, and jump on the trampoline for a few minutes. It saves me a lot of time and then when I get off it, my hair is piecy and all I have to do is spray.

I am currently swearing by the new Pantene Texturize! shampoo line lately... it's cheapo too.

btw- you HAVE to have dry hair or else you end up with a greasy looking mess, on me anyway!!!

you have to use different products depending on the type and length of your hair as well. since i have long hair i have to use either something really light or else it will weigh down my hair.

i like bumble and bumble styling wax, and on the cheaper side the loreal out of bed texturizer.

I blow dry, then flat iron, then ... the most important part... i rub in my hands to warm it up (SUPER important!!!) and start UNDERNEATH, THEN use the last residue on top layers but only focusing on ends and flyaways.

then i rake my fingers though my hair, and use a quick drying spray to keep it looking exactly the same (the Pantene Texturize! hairpsray is really good for that too!)

hth!!

thanks for the tips brewgrl! i have long hair too so fingers crossed it works for me !

thanks.. gonna try this later today
smile.gif

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol, what I do is not wash it for a day, then curl my hair or not, and jump on the trampoline for a few minutes. It saves me a lot of time and then when I get off it, my hair is piecy and all I have to do is spray. LOL, who would have thought you could use the trampoline as a styling tool. That's funny.
bunny3.gif

I use a little cheapo called "Sauve" pomade. It works amazingly! I have redken Lush Whip and it was 5 times the price, just to do the same thing =)

Latest posts

Back