Brush cleanser recipe!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i just found this on another website. i made some since my mac brush cleanser was almost finished, so you all can re-use your empty mac cleanser bottles and make tons, anyway it works great!!!

what you will need:

bottled water- 1 cup

91% alcohol- 1/4 cup

dishwashing soap- 1/2 tsp.

baby shampoo-1/2 tsp.

leave in conditioner (like infusium)- 1 tsp.

mix it all slowly so it wont suds up, then pour into empty container or empty mac brush cleanser bottle, tell me what you all think once you use it. so far its working great for me!!!

cool! and you know except for the fact that mac's version is pink the actual liquid looks the same, like just a little teeny bit foamy and a hint of the alcohol smell, i think it's cool.

your welcome!! and its pretty simple stuff that i think everyone has lying around the house thats why i think everyone will benefit!!!

Im bored so i made it already. lol I already had a spray bottle which i used for the MAC cleaner anyway. lol Ill post in a bit the results.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im bored so i made it already. lol I already had a spray bottle which i used for the MAC cleaner anyway. lol Ill post in a bit the results. damn that was quick!!! lol!!! keep us posted!!!

Well i used my mini 182 and my 188 brushes for the test and i think this stuff is pretty good. It left my 188 brush almost white, there is still some pink on it but i doubt anything will make it look like its original way. Im saving this recipe! lol

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif sounds good. i just use baby shampoo and it cleans them fine. i agree but here are the benefits of the other stuff
purified water- for obvoius reasons

alcohol- to disenfect

dishwashing soap- removes grease, removes oils get it? lol!!

baby shampoo (your on the right track)

leave in conditioner- conditions the bristles and keeps them in good condition overall.

try it girl!!

Originally Posted by gorJESS /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did you get this recipe from EnKoreMakeup? yes, he does some awesome tutorials.

Perfect timing. I need some brush cleanser.
smile.gif

What could you substitute for the alcohol? I'm allergic so I have to avoid it.

Latest posts

Back