Dry patches on face Please help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have small dry patches on some parts of my forehead, i put moisturiser in the morning and at night they still won't got away. I've tried nivea moisturiser and that didn't work at all. Whats really frustrating me is that when i put foundation or powder they show up even more!

I've tried exfoliating but the patches are still there. I can't go to a dermo because i live in london and they are too expensive.

what do i do? i really wanna wear foundation lol

Try applying some Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream a couple of hours before going to bed.

Warning: it's greasy! But the next day your skin will be SO smooth!!

Exfoliate and then pat a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the area. I get dry patches, especially in winter. This seems to be the only thing that helps me. I also avoid products for oily skin that may cause dryness. Check the ingredients in your products and see if there are any retinols or salicylic acids, those can be culprits of over drying.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Exfoliate and then pat a bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the area. I get dry patches, especially in winter. This seems to be the only thing that helps me. I also avoid products for oily skin that may cause dryness. Check the ingredients in your products and see if there are any retinols or salicylic acids, those can be culprits of over drying. thats pretty much it.

i get them too, they suck (i acutally got rid of one finally a few days ago).

Try the Mary Kay Miracle Set or their Intense Moisturizing Cream. I have psoriasis on my leg and they actually worked really well.

I have those too every now and then. I gently rub it with a microderm cream and then apply Silkia camellia oil afterwards as a moisturizer. The dry patches will be gone in less than a week.

I'd try using your regular moisturizer at night then put a little bit of vaseline over it. Just a very thin layer. Your face will look different in the morning!!

I agree with Extra virgin olive oil. It is a fantastic moisturizer and it doesnt ( believe it or not ) leave your skin oily. The molecules are too large in olive oil to clog pores.

Water is not a lubricant and will therefore dry your face, so you should always use a moisturizer after washing it.

I have a smiliar problem. Have you tried a night creme? They are different than a normal moisturizer because the formula for night cremes are heavier. I made the switch and found to be the right choice for me. I bought one from Walgreens and love it. It is a bit pricey but if it doesn't work, you can always return the product.

I've tried oils in the past such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, almond oil, jojoba oil and i find that my skin drinks it up (which is a good thing) but my skin still feels dry and rough. It's different for everyone but this is why I decided to go with a night creme.

go for a heavier moisturizer for the day. as much as i love neutrogena, higher end moisturizers work better with my skin, so don't hesitate to spend a little more on your face moisturizer.

i agree about olive oil (the smell disappears quickly). you can also try coconut oil, shea butter (careful because it's not absorbed quickly by the skin) or a cold cream. calendula oil is also great for moisturising your skin.

oh and exfoliate gently to get rid of the dead cells.

I would suggest trying jojoba oil!!! my skin is combinated and I used to have the same problem (especially in winter). Just put a small ammount of it on these places before putting the regular moist. and then, you`ll see how better you makeup will look with it.

I especially recommend jojoba oil because it absorbs really good and helps in soothing and softening all skin types(even the oily ones)

Mix Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Vitamin E Oil and apply on the affected area. Do this everyday before going to bed. You'll be able to see the difference in less than a month.

I used to have the worst dry forehead ever until i started using liz earle's products. The cloth exfoliates but gently. Fab products!!

Originally Posted by AlexZ81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try the Mary Kay Miracle Set or their Intense Moisturizing Cream. I have psoriasis on my leg and they actually worked really well. i thought the same thing. it sounds like it could be psoriasis. derma e makes a great cream called psorzema. check out this link.
derma e Bodycare Products

then click on skin treatments. hope this helps!

how long did it take for the dry patch to go away if you put extra virgin olive oil on it?? and did you put it on every day??

You need to try a good cream and face wash. Which is suitable on your skin you try that and it will help to remove it.

Latest posts

Back