Make up presentation!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, in my English class I'm doing a speech on makeup application. Along with that, I have to have a visual for them. So I was thinking of doing my make up and just explaining what I am doing as my speech.

Do you ladies have any ideas for me?

Idea's as in what? I mean you could just explain the different parts of your face that you apply makeup and what they do, and then demonstrate. Like for your eyes you could explain brow bone, crease, lid, outer V, inner corner, lashline, lower lid, lower lashline, waterline, etc. Explain what putter a darker color in the crease does in comparison to a light color in the crease. Explain the different techniques of shading and highlighting your face to create different desired effects. Etc, Etc. You could also demonstrate the different types of foundation formulas, and different ways of applying them. Using different types of concealers to cover certain things. Theres all kinds of fun stuff you could do!

How about a mannequin head. Like the ones my daughter uses for cosmetology school. Then you could show different applications without messing "yourself" up.

Do a 'How to not apply make up' presentation. It would be more beneficial than just informative.

Oh yeah I was going to say, maybe make a dvd presentation, of you doing your makeup. Or bring in a friend to do their makeup. I think that would be better than doing your own makeup during the presentation.

i did that once. i used a model. i wish at teh time i had kept it to a single application, ie, just eyes, or just foundation, or just lips.

you get to be more informative, which is the most key part to any speech, and no great makeup application, when explained, takes less than 15 minutes. you need time to explain the products what they are used for and how to apply.

also, when using a model, its MOST important to say what you are doing, as in if you are doing eyes, state that you are doing an eye application that opens her close set eyes or how to give lips a plumper look when you have thin lips or how to get even looking skin when you have redness to your face.

always do a rehearsal with your model to make sure you are doing exactly what you are stating. and to make sure your colors look right on her.

edit:

oh- i also did a handout of face shapes, and the color chart and how complimentary colors work, and undertones and the color foundation you should be using and how 80% of all women can get away with a medium beige foundation...

if you do eyes, you can show the brow, the waterline, the inner v, the outer v, the main lid, the crease line. you can pass out super cheapo crayons and tell everyone to choose 3 colors and practice a look on their eyeball.

as you can tell, i am pushing eyes because those make SUCH an impact, even when doing an everyday look, and there is a lot or as little as you want to go into.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif i did that once. i used a model. i wish at teh time i had kept it to a single application, ie, just eyes, or just foundation, or just lips.
you get to be more informative, which is the most key part to any speech, and no great makeup application, when explained, takes less than 15 minutes. you need time to explain the products what they are used for and how to apply.

also, when using a model, its MOST important to say what you are doing, as in if you are doing eyes, state that you are doing an eye application that opens her close set eyes or how to give lips a plumper look when you have thin lips or how to get even looking skin when you have redness to your face.

always do a rehearsal with your model to make sure you are doing exactly what you are stating. and to make sure your colors look right on her.

edit:

oh- i also did a handout of face shapes, and the color chart and how complimentary colors work, and undertones and the color foundation you should be using and how 80% of all women can get away with a medium beige foundation...

if you do eyes, you can show the brow, the waterline, the inner v, the outer v, the main lid, the crease line. you can pass out super cheapo crayons and tell everyone to choose 3 colors and practice a look on their eyeball.

as you can tell, i am pushing eyes because those make SUCH an impact, even when doing an everyday look, and there is a lot or as little as you want to go into.

Where were you when I was in my Humanites class and needed a project???? Great ideas.

I was thinking that instead of a manneqiun head (which is a good idea, but might be too small) that you could get a piece of poster board and have a face drawn on there, and you could do your makeup presentation on the poster board. Have you ever been to the MAC counter and they have those small pieces of paper that have a face on them and the MA shows you which colors look the best? I think that would be a cool idea.

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
Why not use one the students as your model?

Yeah!! Maybe a guy.... LOL Show them what makeup can really do!!
smile.gif

Back