Using a face brush=cheap microdermabrasion!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
rockwoot.gif

I found the perfect way to exfoliate my face without rubbing my face raw. I experienced that using a face brush to brush my face (dry or wet - I use a soft facial scrub or just my usual cleanser when I use it on my wet face) gives the same kind of results as using a microdermabrasion product.

By using a face brush you get better control over the areas of skin you scrub, and it allows to apply even pressure allover the face. Also it really massages your skin, increases blood circulation etc. And it makes my face very very soft. It works perfectly to help fade post-acne marks faster!

Here´s a pic of an acrylic face brush from the Body Shop

The Body Shop: Oval Acrylic Face Brush, bath brush, shower brush, exfoliant, oval acrylic, face brush, brush, face, oval, acrylic, accessories, skin care

I use one with natural bristles though, and the bristles are very dense and medium-soft. I got it at a drugstore.

I had one from Wal-mart a while back and I loved it, but for some reason can't find it anymore! Thanks for posting.

I might have to go out & buy one of these brushes! Thanks for the tip Andi
smile.gif

This may sound crazy, but I use an electric toothbrush for my face. x]

basically does the same thing, but i think the scrubbing is more consistent.

Originally Posted by cestamour /img/forum/go_quote.gif This may sound crazy, but I use an electric toothbrush for my face. x]basically does the same thing, but i think the scrubbing is more consistent.

oh I´ve heard about this before! I need a bit of harder scrubbing though (my face can handle it) so an electric toothbrush would be too gentle.

This is why I use my regular washcloth when I clean my face. I find it funny that all this fancy schmancy MDA Kits is what some people were turning to for getting a simple exfoliation job done. I tell you, using a plain washcloth is all my mother and grandma ever used, and I have met none of their peers whose skin came close to rivalling theirs. Simplicity is best! It keeps the wallet full.

My skin can be really dry during this time of the year and winter. Now I really wanna buy a face brush for myself. Sounds like it would be a good way to scrub a flaky skin.

Now that sounds like a great idea. I'm going on a saving binge so I can afford Christmas gifts.

I have that Body Shop face brush too and I really like it. Thanks for posting Andi!

Back