Question on Luminess Air Airbrush cosmetic system

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I was up early this weekend because I couldn't sleep and came across the infomercial for this new product on TV.

Usually, makeup infomercials make me cringe but this really got my attention.

Went online and googled the product but I couldn't find anything. I did a search on the forums for "Luminess Air", "Luminess" and "airbrush makeup" but nothing came up on this particular item.

Has anyone seen/purchased/tried this item? You can find their website here.

One of the main reasons I'm wondering if anyone has dappled with this item is because of the price.

There are 2 packages:

*Regular beauty system ($29.95 30 day trial PLUS $199.95 which can be made in 4 payments of $49.95)

*Pro beauty system ($29.95 30 day trial PLUS $269.95 which can be made in 4 payments of $67.47. The kit includes extras like bronzer, blush, body shimmer, etc. Also, the airbrush machine has a faster speed or something like that.)

In addition to that, the company has a "beauty club" which delivers makeup to you on a regular basis at $29.95 a month although I'm not sure whether the membership is mandatory.

The infomercial goes on to include endorsements by the main makeup guy for Desperate Housewives, main makeup lady for The View and makeup lady for soap opera Passions along with other people/testimonials.

It looked pretty swell and I had to restrain myself from ordering. Since this is going to cost a pretty penny, I'd like to be sure its worth investing the time and money into.

Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I've never heard of them either. The airbrush system I use is by Temptu. Airbrush machines are fun.

luminessair is the website. I saw it too and ordered it. I don't know how easy it will be to put on myself though!

222-spam.jpg

I airbrushed my sister and one of my aunts yesterday. They are SOLD on Luminess Air. They placed their orders soon after that. I LOVE this stuff!!!

why are all the people who love this product all newbies with 3 or less posts who joined this week? hmmmm, very interesting- PROVE TO ME you dont work for them

i saw this a few weeks ago on tv.

it looked really cool that i even wrote the name of the system down to check it out online.

I have been using Luminess Air's Airbrushing system for this past week. It really does offer great coverage and is easy to use; however, I found that when I touched my face, it felt really greasy. The product is water-based so I don't understand it. I even used my setting powder and blotting sheets throughout the day, but they didn't help. The makeup did last all day though. I'm actually returning it today. I would have kept it if I was able to use other cosmetic brands with it, but that would void the warranty. So there's my two cents. Hope this helps!!

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why are all the people who love this product all newbies with 3 or less posts who joined this week? hmmmm, very interesting- PROVE TO ME you dont work for them   interesting

Luminess Air is OK for the price. Their basically a start up company who spent a lot of money on an Infomercial bringing people in, their marketing is far better than their product.

If you go to their site you'll also notice there isn't a whole lot, they don't have a support program and again they're new.

Does this mean their product sucks? No, not particularly. For someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money that wants to get into airbrushing it will do the trick, just don't expect miracles or a quality compressor.

hope this helps.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif why are all the people who love this product all newbies with 3 or less posts who joined this week? hmmmm, very interesting- PROVE TO ME you dont work for them haha...good point. I ordered the Luminess Air and haven't received it yet. I haven't finished reading the entire thread yet either, but I had to comment on your quote
laughing.gif

Hopefully, this airbrush kit won't be too bad. If it works I'll let you guys know. If after reading the end of this thread and it's bad...I'm going to return it as soon as I receive it. Gosh...I just love MUT so much!

I would love to eventually get an airbrush kit, but I think I'll wait for one that is a bit more reputable. I don't trust companies that higher people to post fake reviews.

Back