NYC Eyebrow kit

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Has anyone tried the new york color eyebrow kit? I really want to try it, but don't know if it will work? or what's the best eyebrow kit you have tried?

I have it and it's okay for grooming and coloring in/shaping the brow. Doesn't do much for the cut I have in my brow, so I use pencil for that. Either way, it does it's job.

I have and and for the price (about $2.50 from Target...) I would really suggest picking it up. The brush kind of sucks but it will do the job! It also comes with some cute mini little tweezers so that's a plus...and there is alot of product.

I thinks its good for your first brow kit but I dont like that the wax is white. I have crazy brows and i use the wax more than the powder so I like it when the wax is dark.

I use Maybelline's brow pencil and gel combo, you can match your hair color pretty well with those (I'm a chameleon so it's always changing). Haven't tried the NYC yet.

I have it & it works pretty good. The brush pretty much sucks, so I use a brow brush from Target. I do wish the wax was a little waxier...it's more creamier, but it gets the job done.

I keep looking at this, but haven't picked it up, maybe I will this week

I have been tempted to buy something like this,I guess I am spoiled using my Maybelline eyebrow pencil and the brow gel. {great stuff !!}Also.also there are some eyebrow stencils by Ardell I would love to try.

I haven't tried it myself but I've heard really good things about it. Plus, NYC is surprisingly good quality.

I saw it on a youtube tutorial and the girl who was using it made it look really good. I went to target and picked it up. But Ive also seen it at drugstores its really cheap too. But its my first brow kit and it does the job for me just fine. I use a mac brush instead of the brush they give you.

I use Smashbox Brow Tech. It is the same concept as the NYC stuff. I have had it for over 2 years (I know because I got it for Xmas 2 years ago) and the wax is almost gone but the product looks like there is barely a dent in it. It works so well and the brush is Amazing. I love it.

Now that I have the kit and the great Smashbox brush I will be getting the NYC as a wax refill.

After seeing the thread I might want to pick one up! Right now I use, and love, Bare Escentuals Brow Kit in Auburn. Since my hair has been varying shades of red and auburn over the past...oh, six years, I found that I need more of a red brown. But I'm thinking of changing my hair color to dark brown so this NYC kit may come in handy!

I've used Eyebrowz and found that it works really well. I've always had a hard time getting my eyebrows just right but it was easy with the templates and the brushes they include.

i have this...it's nice for everyday use..but like someone said the brush sucks. I use one of my own brushes for it but other than that it fills eyebrows really nicely.

Back