Milia

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
has anyone ever had this? i have this yucky whitehead looking thing right in the inner corner of my eye. yuck, yuck, yuck. it looks like i have an eye goobie. i have determined that it is milia, but i'm not sure what to do to get rid of it.

do you think an aesthetician could help? everything i have found says to see a dermatologist. is this my only option, other than living with an yucky eye goob. yuck. i will go see my dr if that is my only recourse

Originally Posted by karrie ann has anyone ever had this? i have this yucky whitehead looking thing right in the inner corner of my eye. yuck, yuck, yuck. it looks like i have an eye goobie. i have determined that it is milia, but i'm not sure what to do to get rid of it.
do you think an esthetician could help? everything i have found says to see a dermatologist. is this my only option, other than living with an yucky eye goob. yuck. i will go see my dr if that is my only recourse

If it's IN your eye then I'd probably see the eye doctor.

no, it's not in my eye. just right on the inner corner. on the skin. what i read said it is caused by skin cells clogging the pore.

yea, i have some of those. but they're not too big.

it would be best to go to a professional to get rid of them since the skin around your eyes are so thin and delicate.

i'd be extremely careful of anything around your eyes. i'm an esthetician and i would probably suggest going to a dermatologist or even a your medical doctor if you had something that close to your eye.

Originally Posted by karrie ann has anyone ever had this? i have this yucky whitehead looking thing right in the inner corner of my eye. yuck, yuck, yuck. it looks like i have an eye goobie. i have determined that it is milia, but i'm not sure what to do to get rid of it.
do you think an aesthetician could help? everything i have found says to see a dermatologist. is this my only option, other than living with an yucky eye goob. yuck. i will go see my dr if that is my only recourse

i think milia is from having clogged pores in the thin skin around your eyes. from stuff like makeup and moisturizers. it gets clogged and you usually don't exfoliate that area, so it can't come out.

this is caused by using an oil based makeup remover. this has to be lanced and then removed.

Yes I have these too but not just one, I have little areas of them. I have them on either side of my nose, like in the under eye area, kinda where the sunglasses rest. I heard that they're caused by sweat and oil that clog the pore and form a hard waxy substance under the skin. They are difficult to remove and usually require lancing like Marian said. Depending on how close the milia is to your actual eye, would determine what you can do about it at home. Mine are not too close to my actual eye. I have tried dabbing salicylic acid based toner on the area with a cotton swab. I also changed the way I use eye cream; I apply it more sparingly in the under eye area so it won't seep down to where the milia are. I try to concentrate my eye cream to the upper lids and outer corners. Also I clean my sunglasses regularly with alcohol to avoid oily buildup. I don't expect a miraculous change but I do feel a little change. I hate milia b/c no matter how much concelaer you use, it can't be covered up, you always can see the bumps.

ugh i have these and hate them too! They won't go away no matter what and i have gone to derms. to see what advice they can offer and have gotten no real good advice. I have even tried popping them myself but that leaves a bad scar so i don't recommend that.

Has anyone gotten them removed?? I would love to hear from someone how has and how the process went!

Originally Posted by Liz i think milia is from having clogged pores in the thin skin around your eyes. from stuff like makeup and moisturizers. it gets clogged and you usually don't exfoliate that area, so it can't come out. they say milia can be the result of overmoisturising.. but i also seen them on people that do not use cosmetics at all...

really? i never heard that before. I don't think that I over moisterize but I wonder if that is true.

I get those horrid things all the time. I ended up going to a dermatologist to get them removed. She provided me with a lancet and suggested I could remove them myself -- obviously not adviseable if they are anywhere near the eye area, or if you are not particularly deft of hand. Otherwise (if they happen to show up elsewhere), you could use an aha to peel the area slightly which makes extraction a little easier. I've also used perscription retinoic acid which brings them to the surface, hence making them easrier to remove.

Good luck.

thanks for the advice, i think i'm going to make an appointment with my dermatologist. There is no way that i'm going to try to get rid of them by myself!

Where did you get your hands on tca solution? Isn't that only available through dermatologists and aestheticians? And what is AVC? Because if this stuff works, I want it!

Originally Posted by Naturally I had one up until last night! It was starting to bug me only because I could see a tiny little white dot in the center ..so I figured whatever I was doing was helping it surface or come out! So last night I worked at it ..popping that darn little thing out ..and I did ..and treated the area afterwards with some ACV. When I woke up this morning I half expected it to still be visible ..but it's TOTALLY GONE!
What I did to get it to where it was easy to get rid of was I used TCA peel. I would get a q-tip wet with TCA solution and dab the milia and let it sit for 5 mins. Then I'd rinse off with a damp cotton ball and apply acv on a q-tip. Repeated applications every so often helped bring it to the surface allowing me to remove it.

thanks kim for the information. i know what acv stands for. apple cider vinegar. but the tca solution has me stumped. what is it? i tried quite a while back using the acv on mine and no magic results but i am going try again and be more persistant. this silly thing is driving me crazy!!
icon_eek.gif

i am so gladyou were able to show yours who's the boss!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Petra Where did you get your hands on tca solution? Isn't that only available through dermatologists and aestheticians? And what is AVC? Because if this stuff works, I want it!

hi,

If it is an allergen reaction, you should go to see a dermatologist. If it is skin problem, a soap may resolve it. Major skin problems are caused by freeradical, you know. "FunPrese" soap, actually the key ingredient, removes and rstrains freeradical on your skin. You don't worry about its stimulus on your skin. It is so gentle that it can be used even on a infant's skin.

I love the soap even though there are other skin care item of the brand. You can find it online, actually at Froogle. So nice and you can't miss it!
cool.gif

(What I did to get it to where it was easy to get rid of was I used TCA peel. I would get a q-tip wet with TCA solution and dab the milia and let it sit for 5 mins. Then I'd rinse off with a damp cotton ball and apply acv on a q-tip. Repeated applications every so often helped bring it to the surface allowing me to remove it.)

Hi Everyone,

I have the little bumps too but I never really thought about it much. Can you tell me what TCA is? I have heard that ACV works on blackheads too but I didn't know that it worked on white bumps.

claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif

oh happy day!!! i used the acv on a q-tip for two days in a row. i did it very carefully because that darn bump was soooo close to my eye.

the first day all i noticed was that my skin seemed to be red where i had applied the acv. the next day i did the acv again. the area continued to be red and sort of scabbed. i couldn't really tell what was happening with the milia. instead of being white it too was red. so today i used my fingernail to sort of scrape the skin away. i thought i would do this to help the ex foliation and then reapply acv. well, when i scratched at the flaky skin that darn thing came right out!!!!! oh i am so happy! my skin is still a bit red there but it will be gone in a day or two.

thank you kim for that great advice! who knew how powerful apple cider vinegar could be. and that should be a word of caution...apple cider is very strong on your skin!! do not rub your skin with it. it will remove it. i used it full strength, you may want to dilute...

thanks again kim!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Naturally I had one up until last night! It was starting to bug me only because I could see a tiny little white dot in the center ..so I figured whatever I was doing was helping it surface or come out! So last night I worked at it ..popping that darn little thing out ..and I did ..and treated the area afterwards with some ACV. When I woke up this morning I half expected it to still be visible ..but it's TOTALLY GONE!
What I did to get it to where it was easy to get rid of was I used TCA peel. I would get a q-tip wet with TCA solution and dab the milia and let it sit for 5 mins. Then I'd rinse off with a damp cotton ball and apply acv on a q-tip. Repeated applications every so often helped bring it to the surface allowing me to remove it.

Latest posts

Back