How long should you wait before coloring?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering how long you should wait from having your hair colored to having it colored again?

I had mine last done about the of end of aug start oct - I tried dying myself some blonde streaks which didnt turn out well..so I booked to get brown and blonde put in the top T section of my hair on my layers only.

Im due to dye it again this wednesday, my roots are showing and wanted to brighten up the colors plus go for the full head this time as underneath hasnt been dyed for about a year apart from when i tried to lighten it myself around the begining of this year.

Ive had quite abit of bleach in it as I messed it up abit myself. Its been knackard in the past where the hairdresser left the lightener on too long and I had to have it cut really short.

Its in a rather good condition now, but I always worry somethings going to happen.

Can someone let me know how long you should wait as I do worry when it comes to my hair, I dont know how much coloring hair can take

It really depends on how fast your hair grows. For instance, 6-8 weeks is a good amount of time for some people but I've noticed with working in a salon myself, people usually come in on the 10th week. And by that time, they are fighting with themselves over their amount of regrowth peeking through. But, once you have a nice line of regrowth, go in for another color.

Back