-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Tru Minerals?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 15 OFFLINE   makeupartist2b

makeupartist2b

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined 02-July 07
Reviews

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:50 PM

I did a search and I couldn't find anything on it. Sooo here is the question.

I ran out of my bare esscentuals, and i'm pretty sick and lazy to go to the store and get it. So i went on ebay and typed in bare minerals and this link came up and i placed a bid. To make a long story short i just realized its called "Tru Minerals" did anyone ever hear about it? or use it? because i really don't feel like throwinig my money away. If it's not worth it. Honestly, I never heard about it before.

Thanks Everyone.
the saddest thing in life is wasted talent.

#Post 2 of 15 OFFLINE   Sirvinya

Sirvinya

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,127 posts
  • Joined 23-January 05
Reviews

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

I haven't tried them but I'd love to hear if someone has.

#Post 3 of 15 OFFLINE   makeupartist2b

makeupartist2b

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined 02-July 07
Reviews

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

Yeah, I tried looking into it. I can't find anything about it. I found a website they have but I can't seem to find anyone that used it. I don't want to waste my money you know?

#Post 4 of 15 OFFLINE   sherice

sherice

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06
Reviews

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

I ordered a kit so i will post a review when i try it

#Post 5 of 15 OFFLINE   makeupartist2b

makeupartist2b

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined 02-July 07
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

really you did? thanks. i really appreciate it!!

#Post 6 of 15 OFFLINE   simisimi100

simisimi100

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Joined 21-October 07
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by sherice View Post
I ordered a kit so i will post a review when i try it
oh you did???
I will be glad if you do that!!!
thank you!
befor I know about this forum I tried a lot of companies without any recommendations.

but now when I know abuot this forum I read befor I order.. and I donk spend my money in that way!
thank you!

#Post 7 of 15 OFFLINE   AngelaGM

AngelaGM

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,044 posts
  • Joined 07-June 06
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2007 - 07:36 AM

I am going to check that site out! Thanks!

#Post 8 of 15 OFFLINE   sherice

sherice

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

Well I got my kit, and of course I had to play around! I don't have the best brushes (they are on order) but let me tell you, I LOVE it! So natural, I bought the full sized fair kit. Fair 2 seems to be my shade and the blush and eyeshadows are so pigmented and shimmery, also the mineral veil is so kick ass! I haven't tried to many minerals before but this is amazing. I love it. My skin looks so good right now, usually my skin has alot of reddness and some blemishes but the bisque concealer seemed to cover them. I think it takes a minute or two to set in, but I am loving the outcome...

#Post 9 of 15 OFFLINE   Thais

Thais

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts
  • Joined 07-March 06
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:35 PM

Nope, never heard, probably somebody makes their own MMU and sells it on ebay.

#Post 10 of 15 OFFLINE   glamadelic

glamadelic

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Joined 09-April 07
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

Well I got my kit, and of course I had to play around! I don't have the best brushes (they are on order) but let me tell you, I LOVE it! So natural, I bought the full sized fair kit. Fair 2 seems to be my shade and the blush and eyeshadows are so pigmented and shimmery, also the mineral veil is so kick ass! I haven't tried to many minerals before but this is amazing. I love it. My skin looks so good right now, usually my skin has alot of reddness and some blemishes but the bisque concealer seemed to cover them. I think it takes a minute or two to set in, but I am loving the outcome...
ooh, that's wonderful for you! if you don't mind, do you think you could share some pictures, if you can?

#Post 11 of 15 OFFLINE   sherice

sherice

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Joined 18-January 06
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

i will try to get some pics up this weekend....;o)

#Post 12 of 15 OFFLINE   makeupartist2b

makeupartist2b

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined 02-July 07
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:11 PM

thank you so much for this information. i wasn't sure when i was ordering it i got tricked because it reminded me so much or B.E that i just clicked and bidded and didn't read. which wasn't too smart. im going to get some.

THANKS ALOT!!

#Post 13 of 15 OFFLINE   MichellesMakeup

MichellesMakeup

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 30-August 11
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

I am a makeup designer and have worked with a lot of different brands of makeup from expensive to inexpensive, mineral to over the counter, prescription to brand name. I tried this out for myself and find it to be pretty darn good. Don't count on the brushes being all that great they fall apart asap but the makeup itself applies well to the skin allowing fairly flawless coverage and blending ability. I was not disappointed especially for what I paid.

#Post 14 of 15 OFFLINE   adrianamkh

adrianamkh

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-August 12
Reviews

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

I love all natural products and use them almost exclusively. I too found this brand "Tru Minerals" on eBay.

What concerns me is that I can not find any information on their products or company at all. Without regulation there is no way to know the purity or quality of the products. It may say "100% pure..." but... is it? Who knows.

Tru Minerals sounds really great, and I'd like to give it a try. Would you please post the website you found for them? I was not able to find one.

Thanks so much!

#Post 15 of 15 OFFLINE   gidget

gidget

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13
Reviews

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Hi there, i can see why you would be sceptical but I use these products including the 'hydration kit' and they are wonderful. If you search' IQ Natural', this is where you will find official website, certification etc. i swear, i was using Sheercover and Reclaim and will never pay their high prices again. Hope this helps.