Quick cure for constipation??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hm kinda embarrassing question but yeah am so constipated ugh yuck. And I feel gross and bloated. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow , I don't know how I am going to handle tomorrow if I still feel like this til then. Any natural and very quick advice on curing my constipation? Yes I exercise and have a lot of fiber in my diet but I get like this once and a while. I want something natural, no pills, no laxatives and most of all please no prune juice, hate that stuff.

Thanks.

I suggest taking something like a plain stool softener daily. No laxatives in it and taking one or two daily will help prevent it from happening again. The generic is Docasate Sodium and the brand name is colace......I have to add my "not a doc" disclaimer: but stool softners are very safe. If you want something more "natural " tonight, you may have to go to your nearest drug store and get a fleets enema or better yet an mineral suppository. Just a few that I can think of..............also drink plenty of fluids.

it's a difficult one if you don't want to have laxatives. If you don't like prune juice you might prefer the actual prunes themselves. If you eat a few out of the packet that will help with getting rid of the constipation and is not as gross as the juice
smile.gif

Is it chronic or it only happens sporadically?

If it's an sporadic thing, i agree with all that been said. You could also buy those fibers that you dissolve on a liquid to drink all day and eat papaya if you like because it helps a lot with transit.

If it's a chronic thing, you should check with a doctor (gastroenterologist) so he/she can make a 'plan' for you to follow in order to relieve it (not 'cure' - it's very difficult).

That are some over the counter things you can try, like colace and senna....

Milk of magnesia is also available without a prescription (if you have o kidney problems).

I always take Activa but I dont think that's a quick solution, you must take it at least for a few days

UGh am still constipated. No it doesn't happen often, like once in a blue moon, I get like this. Well I took the lazy way out and bought some laxatives. I took them this afternoon and am still constipated. It takes like 12 hours to work.

Pumpkin. Not pumpkin pie filling (since it has all the spices in it) but pure pumpkin. You can find it next to the pumpkin pie filling.

The funny thing about this is that it cures both constipation and diarrhea. I dont personally eat it but it was recommended to me anyway for my sister.

And for dog owners: It works for dogs too (maybe even cats) but they only need a teaspoon full mixed in with their food. I've tried it on my dog and it really does work.

Its awesome. One can for the whole family
smile.gif

I find that when I'm constipated drinking diet coke, especially from a fountain helps get everything flowing for me. LOL

Seriously though!

Go to your local health food store.

Pick "Smooth Moves" senna laxative tea.

This stuff works. It works, it works, it works.

You will be moving out stuff from yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Drink it with a very small meal.

don't drink milk. dairy plugs up. apples, bran, good old fashioned lettuce. I ate apples for three days in a row one time and couldn't stop going for about thirty minutes on the third day.......just a thought if it stays bad!
smile.gif

Well I dont know exactly how natural you are going, but liqour works wonders when other things can take over 12 hours to process through the body.

if you need to go right away, you can buy citrate of magnesium in the drug store. looks like a bottle of ginger ale and you can buy lemon or cherry flavor. It has a horrid taste, but I have mixed it with ginger ale or 7up to mask the taste.

Take a glass of warm milk before going to bed in a severe case of constipation and can also mix 2 teaspoons of castor oil into the milk. The other remedy which might prove to be beneficial is drinking one litter of warm water and walking about for a considerable span of time or for few minutes at least immediately after waking up early in the morning.

Well sugar is a natural laxative, also i think coffee is pretty good.

Metamucil is good too.

Back