-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Primer VS Face Moisturizer

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 11 OFFLINE   Leadfoot

Leadfoot

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Joined 14-April 05
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:37 PM

My makeup doesn't stay during the day, regardless of what I do. I put on foundation, concealer, then powder (in that order) and nothing works. I'm just curious what everyone's opinions are on primers. Are they worth the $$$ and which ones work? Would I just be better off using a good moisturizer under my foundation? Thanks ladies!

#Post 2 of 11 OFFLINE   Liz

Liz

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,574 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:47 PM

i've never useda primer before. i know of smashbox, laura mercier and nars' primers. if you are by any of those counters, see if you can get a sample of any of them!
Liz

#Post 3 of 11 OFFLINE   Jennifer

Jennifer

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts
  • Joined 07-March 05
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:07 PM

have you tried powder to set, preferably loose?

#Post 4 of 11 OFFLINE   Jennifer

Jennifer

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts
  • Joined 07-March 05
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Charmaine
Isn't that the purpose of loose powder anyway?
i'd say to keep a shine-free face.

#Post 5 of 11 OFFLINE   FeistyFemme

FeistyFemme

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Joined 12-December 03
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:51 PM

Even when my skin was oily, I still used sunscreen or face moisturizer as a base for my face makeup everyday. I think it really helps it to last. HTHS! Posted Image

#Post 6 of 11 OFFLINE   smallpuppy

smallpuppy

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 08-June 05
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:48 PM

Loose powder won't make that much of a difference..I use it everyday and by the time I get off from work my makeup looks horrible! I've been thinking about buying Vicent Longo's Face Primer..I got one of his eyeshadows and WOW! it lasted all day long without using eyeshadow base.. But then again primers are supposed to ensure your foundation looks flawless..I really don't know if it helps keep it in place.. Another thing you might want to look at is the type/brand of foundation ur using
Are u as happy as your dog?

#Post 7 of 11 OFFLINE   mechelw

mechelw

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:55 PM

wow! the LM primer sounds like it does goooood. i have combo skin and i wish my makeup lasted longer also. trisha, do you use it in place of a moisturizer in the am? wouldnt too much on your face (moisturizer+primer) do worse for the oilyness? and is it acne-prone-safe? Posted Image so many questions...haha.
"I thought I was a complete and total genius... then I realized I had already seen this episode of Jeopardy."

Me without Zesty Taco/Chipotle Ranch Doritos.

#Post 8 of 11 OFFLINE   mechelw

mechelw

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

wow. neroli oil moisturizer? interesting Posted Image i just might try that primer. where do you get it? i wish my makeup lasted as long as i do!! that'd be a dream.
"I thought I was a complete and total genius... then I realized I had already seen this episode of Jeopardy."

#Post 9 of 11 OFFLINE   mechelw

mechelw

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 21-June 05
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:25 PM

and also! i remember you saying you used the MAC fix+ spray... or is the history? i dunno how'd it'd be for oily/acne prone skin.Posted Image

#Post 10 of 11 OFFLINE   BeneBaby

BeneBaby

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  • Joined 10-June 05
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:49 PM

I have used a lot of primers....Benefit, Chanel, Dior, Smashbox, Laura Mercier etc. I have found they just don't work for me. I feel like they move my makeup around on my face. The finish is flawless but the wear throughout the day wasn't improved. I think they clog my pores too. I just slop on the moisturizerPosted Image
Hey friends....Looking for a Makeup Artist in Northern California?
Check out my flyer in the Makeup Artist Forum here.I am also swapping ALOT of stuff.....

#Post 11 of 11 OFFLINE   Mina

Mina

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Joined 20-December 04
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by BeneBaby
I have used a lot of primers....Benefit, Chanel, Dior, Smashbox, Laura Mercier etc. I have found they just don't work for me. I feel like they move my makeup around on my face. The finish is flawless but the wear throughout the day wasn't improved. I think they clog my pores too. I just slop on the moisturizerPosted Image
I have the same issue, so i rarely used powder, now i use lotion with powder it does work for me...Posted Image