What skin tone am I?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure this out for the longest time, Am I NEUTRAL or WARM? People at makeup counters tell me I am neutral, but I am confused because whenever they have pictures of warm skin tone, they put pictures of asian people.

n2503211_36494964_871.jpg

Hello there, you look a similar skin tone to me but I had the opposite advice. Make up counters kept saying I was warm skin tone and putting me in tan foundation which I never felt looked right (too dark/too warm like a tan) . I had my colours done and was told I am cool i.e winter if that makes any sense to you. I have just ventured into mineral makeup and tried a neutral base which worked for me better than the warm base so I am sorted!

Some websites say to help determine your tone, look at the veins on the underside of your wrist. If they are clearly green, you are warm and if they are clearly blue you are cool otherwise you are neutral. Others go by which colours suit you best so if you look better in gold you are warm, better in silver you are cool or can wear both you are neutral (hence why I mentioned the colour analysis above)

Hope that is of some help!

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hm..I would guess neutral or olive. I agree. You look like you could go either way.

you could also look at the color of your veins on your arms.I read this on a MMU website.I just cant remember which one!

i always recommend that people trying to determine their skintone base go to prescriptives for a color match. this is probably the best thing i did when i started wearing makeup. it doesn't cost a thing and it helps you make better decisions on future makeup purchases. hope this helps!

may i ask, i seem to see blue veins under my wrists but gren ones on my arms.. what skintone is tt? thank u! btw i tink im a deep autumn.. im chinese with black hair n dark eyes.. n i dun tink my skin is translucent..

I always get completely frustrated trying to figure out what skin tone I am. I have blue and green veins right next to each other on my inner wrist, in some lighting and on different days I look yellowish and others I look pinkish. I can wear either color jewelry, silver & gold. I have the most difficult time finding foundation. I try to find ones that say neutral, but often they are too yellowish for me. I am at a complete loss. ~sigh~

If that picture is you at your tan level I'd say neutral, if you get darker then I'd say warm! That's just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by RoxRae /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always get completely frustrated trying to figure out what skin tone I am. I have blue and green veins right next to each other on my inner wrist I have the same problem! Only my veins are a between blue and green so I have no idea what skin tone that makes me lol

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have the same problem! Only my veins are a between blue and green so I have no idea what skin tone that makes me lol Is that not the most frustrating thing ever?? What have you done to find a foundation match? What brand do you use? I am at my wits end.

I use a Virgin Vie powder foundation. I'm quite happy with it but I always have to put a powder over it or the colour doesn't look quite right. I've given up on liquid foundations because I've tried every affordable brand and nothing matches my skin. It's so annoying!

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a Virgin Vie powder foundation. I'm quite happy with it but I always have to put a powder over it or the colour doesn't look quite right. I've given up on liquid foundations because I've tried every affordable brand and nothing matches my skin. It's so annoying! Haha I had just about given up on liquid foundations until the Estee Lauder double wear foundation. No cheap-ish brand ever matched my skintone, always too dark or yellowy. I hate foundation hunting!

I find it confusing as well, which is my big problem of committing to a foundation! Ugh not to mention skin TYPE as well....oh dear!

I believe palms and part of the wrist lack pigment, so your veins will show up blue anyway. Look at the upper area where there is pigment. Back of the hand too.

rox i am the same as u hun...i have problems with color....im in between a neutral and beige most times but it changes through out the yr...its sooo annoying...so i try and find a powder that is either one sahde lighter or darker...depending on seasons and it balances it out....or might have to go for minerals an make ur own shade....

Poopy go off wat landlord had said....it works great...if they dont have the exact shade ur looking for try a powder that matches more closely..as some tend to have more variations

I definitely recommend finding a Prescriptives counter. I managed to find a foundation that was actually my skin colour, plus the people at the counter have always been very helpful and genuinely nice.

Latest posts

Back