Sheer cover!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I`m not so familiar with mineral makeup. In Norway I know just a few brands, Bare Essencial and Isadora has just made some.

But today I saw on TV a commercial for Sheer Mineral makeup which sounded amazing. Several celebrities spoke highly of it. I searched for it, but it is hard to find someone who sends internationally.

Searched in the forum too, but couldn`t find anything. Is this brand very known in US, and have you tried it?

Don't get it, it broke me out so badly its really just advertising. Its not a good product at all. I did start using a newer brand bee luscious I love it its hypo allergenic and is really beautiful.

hello-ive used it and i still am.i think its great.ebay has quite a few sellers of it.

i know it doesnt work for everybody from what i know on this forum,but there are others who have liked it.ive most of the other products too like lip compacts eye pencils etc and theyre all wonderful.

personally i would always try sample of the product if you are not sure.i can recommend a good ebay seller from the usa who im sure wouldnt mind assissting you.thats if you wanted.

Hi girls, I am new to makeup talk and I was also wondering about sheer cover. I really like a light coverage and I was just wondering if I should get Sheer Cover or Bare Essentials? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
smile.gif

Hi brittgibson, and welcome! Hopefully the girls can help.

Thanks for the info about the brand. A bit unsure about this product, but I really wanna try, so I`ll look for samples.Sounds amazing though!

if you want light coverage from sheercover then you just use a very tiny amount..for heavier coverage go for 2-3 applications...

for any interested the ebay seller i buy from is simplyflattering on ebay.com

and she ships international

i used bare escentuals prior to this as did my pale complexioned friend-we both found it too orangey and came out with pimples

Originally Posted by taz1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif if you want light coverage from sheercover then you just use a very tiny amount..for heavier coverage go for 2-3 applications...for any interested the ebay seller i buy from is simplyflattering on ebay.com

and she ships international

i used bare escentuals prior to this as did my pale complexioned friend-we both found it too orangey and came out with pimples

Thank you so much!!! I so want to try this! In the commercial it looked fab and there where several celebs advertising for it, (Alissa Milano) so it must be something about it....

Originally Posted by brittgibson /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi girls, I am new to makeup talk and I was also wondering about sheer cover. I really like a light coverage and I was just wondering if I should get Sheer Cover or Bare Essentials? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
smile.gif
Neither. They both have Bismuth in them, and expiration dates on their products. Just because you see a celebrity endorsing it doesn't mean they even USE it - they're paid to endorse the product. Personally, I like PurelyCosmetics or Lumiere. Lumiere matches my color better, but PurelyCosmetics has better coverage and staying power (for me, at least).

the bismuth in be made me itch with pimples-sheercover has bismuth in it but it didnt affect me.could be to do with how much quantity was in each.

as for expiration dates sheercover doesnt have expiry dates and as far as BE goes-last i heard that doesnt either anymore.

i agree with Scooter,...dont buy a product just coz a celebrity claims to wear it.

i found sheercover just through ebay initialy...its a good product on its own without the celebrity influence

Originally Posted by taz1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif the bismuth in be made me itch with pimples-sheercover has bismuth in it but it didnt affect me.could be to do with how much quantity was in each.as for expiration dates sheercover doesnt have expiry dates and as far as BE goes-last i heard that doesnt either anymore.

i agree with Scooter,...dont buy a product just coz a celebrity claims to wear it.

i found sheercover just through ebay initialy...its a good product on its own without the celebrity influence

Thanks for posting. Well usually I never fall for the celebrity advertising thing. No one can make me believe that lots of celebs use Lòreal face creams or JS use Proactive, but at this commercial something made me believe it could be a good product.Well if it`s no good, I have one lesss to try before finding my HG foundation..lol.
cowboy.gif

Sheer Cover was the first mineral makeup I tried. I liked it at first because I didn't know any better... in truth, it made me shiny and it transferred badly. Next I tried Bare Escentuals and I liked it better because at least it didn't transfer so much. But it still made me shiny, plus it didn't cover so well. I'm using Everyday Minerals right now and I like it so much... it's better quality than either SC or BE and it's so much less expensive. I'm wanting to sample other brands, too, in case there's something even better for me than EDM. All in all, don't fall into the hype... do your research. You don't have to spend all this money on a product that doesn't perform as well for most people as other brands do that cost half as much.

Originally Posted by Scooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif Neither. They both have Bismuth in them, and expiration dates on their products. Just because you see a celebrity endorsing it doesn't mean they even USE it - they're paid to endorse the product. Personally, I like PurelyCosmetics or Lumiere. Lumiere matches my color better, but PurelyCosmetics has better coverage and staying power (for me, at least). I am using be at the moment i was not even aware that they expire i'd better check. thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back