-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

MAC makeup consultations

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   PRETTYSECRETS21

PRETTYSECRETS21

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Joined 02-December 07

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

I want to go get my makeup done at MAC sometime soon. Can anyone whos gone before tell me about their experience?? How much does it cost, or how much do you have to buy for it to be free?

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:53 PM

Depends on where your MAC is located. Mine is in a Macy's and it's a 4 product minimum purchase. Nordstrom does them for free, and some places charge $40. I've never had a horrible experience, but I have since found my fave MA of them all via a makeover
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   -Liz-

-Liz-

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts
  • Joined 27-April 06

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

Well, the way it works is you have two options
The first is booking a 1hour appointment, you dont pay the makeup artist directly, but you have to buy at least 45$ worth of products after you get it done

The second option is a "demo" you can ask them to do your eyes, and they will do it for free, the only thing is that its an interrupted service so they will stop to serve other clients at the counter while doing your makeup. The service is to help you find products, but you arent required to buy.
Although, if you know you'll be needing soemthing, it would be nice to buy it after the demo because its good for the person who does your makeup, even though we dont work on commission. Only do this is if you have time though. And sometimes, like big holidays, we dont take demos at all (n i know new years eve we arent allowed)

I had it done for haloween once and although it was interrupted it tuned out beautifully

HTH

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   love2482

love2482

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Joined 30-October 06

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:58 PM

If I remember correctly, you have to spend over $30 for a free makeover. I've done it maybe 4-5 times, and each time was different. Just be clear if you want a particular look, because sometime they will go a little crazy. I usually tip afterwards too.

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   Colorlicious

Colorlicious

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Joined 22-December 06

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:05 PM

well at the counter i work at it's with an appointment with a minimum purchase of $50.
PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST!!

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   -Liz-

-Liz-

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts
  • Joined 27-April 06

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:22 PM

so i guess it pretty much vari would just go in to your closest counter or call them and ask