MAC makeup consultations

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to go get my makeup done at MAC sometime soon. Can anyone whos gone before tell me about their experience?? How much does it cost, or how much do you have to buy for it to be free?

Depends on where your MAC is located. Mine is in a Macy's and it's a 4 product minimum purchase. Nordstrom does them for free, and some places charge $40. I've never had a horrible experience, but I have since found my fave MA of them all via a makeover
smile.gif

Well, the way it works is you have two options

The first is booking a 1hour appointment, you dont pay the makeup artist directly, but you have to buy at least 45$ worth of products after you get it done

The second option is a "demo" you can ask them to do your eyes, and they will do it for free, the only thing is that its an interrupted service so they will stop to serve other clients at the counter while doing your makeup. The service is to help you find products, but you arent required to buy.

Although, if you know you'll be needing soemthing, it would be nice to buy it after the demo because its good for the person who does your makeup, even though we dont work on commission. Only do this is if you have time though. And sometimes, like big holidays, we dont take demos at all (n i know new years eve we arent allowed)

I had it done for haloween once and although it was interrupted it tuned out beautifully
smile.gif

HTH

smile.gif

If I remember correctly, you have to spend over $30 for a free makeover. I've done it maybe 4-5 times, and each time was different. Just be clear if you want a particular look, because sometime they will go a little crazy. I usually tip afterwards too.

so i guess it pretty much vari would just go in to your closest counter or call them and ask

Back