Even Body skin tone

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What products even out the body's skin tone? (especially knees and elbows)

sleepyhead.gif

i don't know about specific products, but i would guess coco butter or shea butter would work well. i like using exfoliating gloves for those rough, discolored areas. knees, elbows, back of the arms, where thighs and tushy meet. all those areas seem to benefit from exfoliation.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif i say its a mix of exfoliation and a good moisturizer. excellent point!

I've never tried this but on Tyra, she used crisco and then put a sock on her arm and it worked on there.

I've heard that cocoa butter while good for skin doesn't actually improve discolorations all that much.

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard that cocoa butter while good for skin doesn't actually improve discolorations all that much. have you tried the exfoliating gloves yet? if you're looking for a cream that seems to brighten the skin somewhat i like co bigelow lemon body butter.

this is what the look like. they're kind of like a buff puff. they lather up great with shower gel or bar soap and do an amazing job of smoothing out the tone and texture of the skin. these have replaced a washcloth for me. i use them everywhere except my face.

spa_exfgloves.jpg

my skin is pretty sensitive and i haven't had any problems. i do use natural shower gels, though. i must say that my skin has improved so much with these gloves. lotion glides on and my skin is super soft. they're probably less expensive than aha or glycolic washes. only $5 at cvs.

Co-sign on the gloves, I get mine from The Body Shop because I found the cheaper ones were more scratchy...they're brilliant because you can throw them in the wash unlike a loofah.

I agree the key is regular exfolition plus a good skin evening moisturiser like cocoa or shea butter, also I like Origins Modern Friction for The Body scrub; get a SA to try it on you it seriously made my hands two different shades after she gave me the demo! They have a version for the face too.

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Co-sign on the gloves, I get mine from The Body Shop because I found the cheaper ones were more scratchy...they're brilliant because you can throw them in the wash unlike a loofah.
I agree the key is regular exfolition plus a good skin evening moisturiser like cocoa or shea butter, also I like Origins Modern Friction for The Body scrub; get a SA to try it on you it seriously made my hands two different shades after she gave me the demo! They have a version for the face too.

Your hands were 2 different colors?

kopfkratz.gif

Sorry I tend to ramble on without being clear, it removed the dead skin and it left my hands alot brighter an more even, knuckles were lighter etc...sort of like when you wax for the first time and takes off all the dead skin.

It would be perfect for knees and elbows but as the skin is slightly thicker than my knuckles it may take a bit longer but you see results quickly, like I said they're happy to demo the product so there's no pressure to buy something you may not like.

Originally Posted by LipglossQueen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Co-sign on the gloves, I get mine from The Body Shop because I found the cheaper ones were more scratchy...they're brilliant because you can throw them in the wash unlike a loofah.

Any body tried body brushing?

Back