Best luminizer for pale ivory complexion with rosy undertones? Red hair, green eyes.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on a good luminizer, but I have no where to start. I've never used one before.
frown.gif

I have pale ivory skin with a rosy complexion, red hair, and aqua/green eyes.

My real goal with the luminizer will be to create a total natural glow effect on my whole face. I really don't want to bronze my skin (I really cannot with my complexion). I want to add a nice, healthy sheen to my overall face, and I just do not know where to start!

Any brands + colors that you can suggest?

At the moment I usually use a tinted moisturizer to even out my skin tone and add some moisture, then I top with a pressed powder, I add some Clinique colour rub in Sheer Radiance to the top of my cheek bones and upwards into my temples, and then I apply a pinky/rose blush below that. (I wish Clinique still carried the colour rub
scared.gif
)

I'm not sure how my facial routine would have to adjust to properly use a luminizer, so if anyone could help with that, that would be lovely. I believe I would need to mix the luminizer with a liquid foundation/tinted moisturizer to create an allover glow?

Try MAC Shimpagne? It was wayyyy to light for me, I figure it is a good luminizer for someone way lighter than me.

Hmm, I would have to purchase that off Ebay at this time, wouldn't I? Aren't all MAC MSFs sold out at this time? I believe they are releasing a new MSF very soon, though.

I would be interested also I have fair skin especially now, and I am looking for the same effect. Could you mix that MAC Shimpagne with the tinted moisturizer?

Make Up For Ever also has diamond creams and shine on powders that can be mixed in with your tinted moisturizer or added on top of it. Revlon has some LE luminizers that I still see sometimes called bare it all lotion.

Try mixing MAC Vanilla pigment in with your foundation or tinted moisturizer. It's a great luminizer. Or you could apply MAC Strobe Cream on top of your foundation! It's very pretty!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try MAC Shimpagne? It was wayyyy to light for me, I figure it is a good luminizer for someone way lighter than me. It depends on how pale she really is. It could work. But shimpagne is waaay to dark for me.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Or you could apply MAC Strobe Cream on top of your foundation! It's very pretty!
smile.gif
A huge second! Strobe Cream is fabulous for giving such a illuminating glow!

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.
smile.gif

I did just purchase a Shimpagne MSF, so I'm hoping that it works well my complexion--I truly hope it doesn't turn out too dark.
dong.gif
I mean, I have that traditional Irish complexion--red hair, green eyes, ivory skin with pink undertone, freckles. I'm generally a classic ivory foundation--usually the lightest foundation with the cool/pink undertone.

I've heard of using Vanilla Pigment, so if the Shimpagne turns out too dark, I may attempt some vanilla pigment.

If you're willing to try mineral makeup, I've read good reviews of Valerie Beauty's Satin Sun Illuminator. Goes with all skintones, I believe.
smile.gif

Benefit High Beam is good, too!

Yes, I've read wonderful reviews on Valerie Beauty as well. Not to mention that the Satin Sun Illuminator is only $7.88 USD with shipping at the moment.
smile.gif
Quite a wonderful holiday priced compared to the normal $12.50 without shipping for the product.

Lumiere and Silk Naturals have some nice ones too, not too pricey. Again, mineral, but it's still good.

I have very similar coloring and I like vanilla pigment and Benefit High Beam. Gives me a nice glowy look.

Im very pale as you, and sometimes my skin just looks so dull, so far Ive tried MAC Strobe Cream which I love and it smells amazing and works best out of everything.

MACs loose beauty powders, they give that sheen but have a little glitter in them so your application has to be just right, its very easy to overdo then you look like a disco ball.

Revlons bare it all creams, Ive only tried the pink one and its very pigmented works as a blush, also leaves a nice luminous look but a little hard to work with, I prefer Strobe Cream! But this is my cheaper alternative.

Again, wonderful advice, ladies!

After I test out the Shimpagne MSF (which I'm slightly worried about since you said it's too dark for you, StereoXGirl), I may look into other alternatives if it doesn't work. Like I said, I'm that classic Irish girl with the rosy ivory complexion and red hair. Finding facial shades that work on me is difficult.

If Shimpagne proves too dark, I may attempt to swap it for Porcelain Pink MSF in hopes that that will work better.
smile.gif
However, I won't know until I get it.

I know I ordered Valerie Beauty's Satin Sun Illuminator since it was quite cheap and cost under $8 USD including the shipping, so I figured why not.

After that, I'm considering either a MAC pigment, MAC strobe cream, or Benefits High Beam.

I really want something that I can mix right in with my tinted moisturizer, so I'm looking for a loose powder or liquid formula. I know that MSF is pressed powder. I'm hoping that Shimpagne will be light enough to just dust on with a fan brush after my normal tinted moisturizer and blush application. However, if it's too dark, I was going to attempt to mix it directly with the tinted moisturizer to hopefully tone down the shade a bit. However, I haven't figured out how I can really do that with a pressed powder other than breaking up the powder into a loose powder and just combining it with the tinted moisturizer that way. Any ideas, ladies?

Latest posts

Back