Shaving with baby oil?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was at my mom's house last week and in her shower, there was a bottle of baby oil. I asked her why she had it in there and she said that a friend of my sister's had recommended it to her when she shaved her legs. I was intrigued so I used it the next time I showered and O..M..G! My legs and arms (yes I shave my arms cause I hate arm hair) are so freaking smooth. I didn't have to use a lot of oil. I usually lather with body lotion afterwards and I didn't feel like I needed it this time around. So last night when I was grocery shopping I bought a bottle of my own.

Anyone else use this?

No..but I am definitely intrigued! Do you think the gel baby oil would work just as well?

I wish, I am allergic to it .. major rash

I wonder if I would be allergic to that

Originally Posted by lynnda /img/forum/go_quote.gif No..but I am definitely intrigued! Do you think the gel baby oil would work just as well?

Originally Posted by lynnda /img/forum/go_quote.gif No..but I am definitely intrigued! Do you think the gel baby oil would work just as well? I wouldn't see why not. If you do try it let us know. You will keep feeling yourself up cause you are so smooth and soft.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by angellove /img/forum/go_quote.gif oo.. i'm going to try it next time i shave.. but.. doesn't it clog your pores? I am not sure. I am pretty sure its safe since it is used for babies and their skin is more sensitive.

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wouldn't see why not. If you do try it let us know. You will keep feeling yourself up cause you are so smooth and soft.
laughing.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif

I swear by it. I thought my cousin was crazy at first when she said to try it. Oh my gosh, after the first time I was hooked.

I hate, hate, hate body hair and I am a frequent shaver. My skin suffered for it because it would get soooo dry. Well, I don't have to worry about that now--my skin is left silky smooth and ultra moisturized.

I have been using it for the past year and a half and haven't noticed any skin problems (clogged pores, etc). My legs can be really sensitive at times and razor bumps used to be a problem. Since using the baby oil, no more bumps!

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif You will keep feeling yourself up cause you are so smooth and soft.
laughing.gif
^So true. Even the boyfriend noticed the difference.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ten99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I swear by it. I thought my cousin was crazy at first when she said to try it. Oh my gosh, after the first time I was hooked.
I hate, hate, hate body hair and I am a frequent shaver. My skin suffered for it because it would get soooo dry. Well, I don't have to worry about that now--my skin is left silky smooth and ultra moisturized.

I have been using it for the past year and a half and haven't noticed any skin problems (clogged pores, etc). My legs can be really sensitive at times and razor bumps used to be a problem. Since using the baby oil, no more bumps!

^So true. Even the boyfriend noticed the difference.
smile.gif

I am glad that it is working out for you too!

Thanks for the tip Marisol! I've been using the gel baby oil on my legs after I shower and it makes them so soft. I never thought about using the oil to actually shave. I bet it would be unbelievably smooth! I'm all excited to try this tonight, lol

Originally Posted by Maysie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the tip Marisol! I've been using the gel baby oil on my legs after I shower and it makes them so soft. I never thought about using the oil to actually shave. I bet it would be unbelievably smooth! I'm all excited to try this tonight, lol Let us know how it works for you.

And here I thought you would all think I was a weirdo for trying suggesting this new technique.
rotfl.gif

Will def try it. I havent used baby oil in the shower since I was pregnant 25 years ago..I got zero stretch marks!

I'll have to try this! Thanks for the tip! I'm bad, I usually just use soap and if I'm feeling really motivated I'll use a shave gel.

Back