Blue-Skinned Man

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And i thought i had seen everything
tocktock.gif

Thursday, December 20. 2007
Why so blue?
We have looked at people with green blood and sweat but we can go one better. This is Paul Karason and yes he is blue:
blue_man.jpg

Given the fact that people can be cruel about skin colour it doesn't help to have one of the rarest skin colours in the world (these jokers don't count), the Smurf jokes must flow like tedious water. Although this was more common in the past, most famously Captain Fred Walters, it did crop up recently when, in a bout of pre-Millenial Fever Stan Jones dosed himself up to the eyeballs, and beyond, with homemade colloidal silver. Other causes include methemoglobinemia, which gave the Blue Fugates of the Appalachian Mountains and the blue men of Lurgan their distinctive hues.
It appears the folks of Oregon were a little too prone to make comments so he has moved to California where we are sure he'll fit right in. Here is more of the story:
Quote:
The 57-year-old started making the transition from fair skin and freckles to what he looks like today 14 years ago.
"The change was so gradual that I didn't perceive it and for people around me, likewise," Karason said. "It was just so gradual that no one really noticed. It wasn't until a friend that I hadn't seen in several months came by my parents' place to see me and he asked me 'what did you do?'"

What Karason did was use a substance called colloidal silver, which is made by extracting silver from metal. It goes into water with an electrical current and then you drink it. Colloidal silver is billed as something that will cure just about everything that ails you and Karason swears by it.
Karason does not believe drinking the potion is what caused his discoloration. He believes it happened because he rubbed it on his face to treat a skin problem. A medical condition called Argyria has been linked to such discoloration since the days when silver solutions were used as antibiotics.

Source
Also this is a quick news report on him from CNN:

Wow. So he's stuck like that? You'd think it'd go away once the colloidal silver cleared from his body. Poor guy.

I saw that on the news... I've also seen where people up in northern Sweeden have green hair and fingernails form the high levels of coper in the water...

speedy, from the interview, it looks like its not leaving his body because he's continuing to use the treatment! random!

but hey, better to be healthy and blue than pink and unhealthy (I guess...?)

I saw that in this week's People....I mean how could you not notice your ass turning blue??

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I saw that in this week's People....I mean how could you not notice your ass turning blue?? LMAO!!

if i was him i'd move to somewhere like vegas and make a fortune. gotta make the most of a bad situation right??

Originally Posted by jakk-attakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif if i was him i'd move to somewhere like vegas and make a fortune. gotta make the most of a bad situation right?? He may as well since he is having money troubles after caring for his ailing parents and not working a job.

Wow, I've heard of it happening but this is the first time I've seen a picture. I didnt realise that you'd turn THAT blue.

Latest posts

Back