Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

Face primer - how long til it expires?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Marisol

Marisol

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

I did a search for this topic and didn't find one. Does face primer expire?

#2 Trisha.

Trisha.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:31 PM

I would think it does expire, just like anything else. Maybe a year or two. But, I'm just guessing...lol.

#3 macface

macface

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

I have the small smashbox primer on the back theirs like a small open jar picture with a 24 or 12 number inside and that means thats how long should it last.

#4 MACGoddess

MACGoddess

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:30 PM

Yes it would, pretty much anything that is an emollient product would. I would go by the old nose test, if it starts to smell differently or it starts to separate or looks different (color, texture) it is breaking down.
I can see why the flamethrower was invented. There was someone who was sitting down thinking "I'm here, you're there, and I want to light you on fire..."

#5 bluebird26

bluebird26

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by MACGoddess View Post
Yes it would, pretty much anything that is an emollient product would. I would go by the old nose test, if it starts to smell differently or it starts to separate or looks different (color, texture) it is breaking down.
I toss anythign that smells weird

by the way it was nice to see ya around!

#6 Marisol

Marisol

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the responses. Time to throw it out then.

#7 MACGoddess

MACGoddess

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by bluebird26 View Post
I toss anythign that smells weird

by the way it was nice to see ya around!
Thanks hun, life has been more than a little busy lately, but today I am off sick from work , so I have a little more time...
I can see why the flamethrower was invented. There was someone who was sitting down thinking "I'm here, you're there, and I want to light you on fire..."

#8 YourOneAndOnly

YourOneAndOnly

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by macface View Post
I have the small smashbox primer on the back theirs like a small open jar picture with a 24 or 12 number inside and that means thats how long should it last.
You're spot on

#9 SimplyElegant

SimplyElegant

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:57 AM

I think I would toss mine after a year or so but it never lasts that long anyway.

#10 marlolovesmac

marlolovesmac

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

I learned in Esthetics school that MOST makeup products have to be made to last for 31 months - UNLESS they say otherwise - or have a sell by date on them.
"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that loving is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I...

#11 Kookie-for-COCO

Kookie-for-COCO

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:59 AM

That sounds reasonable--will watch it--this old face has already expired--can't take much more

#12 chocobon

chocobon

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:19 AM

Yup, if it smells bad it's out!!
We're just a couple of no name slobs. We belong to nobody and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other.
Breakfast at Tiffany's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users